1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

I’m in search of a hosting in general, and also with the scope that is should support file uploading via the public web, for filesizes up to 100mb. I had a chat with bluehost they said I can set the limit to anything but if the script runs for more than 10 mins the upload will fail. If all else fails and I get a positive answer from mediatemple I’m gonna choose them, but even the grid solution is still a bit pricey for me.

I know there was other hosting topics but I’m especially asking for this good file upload stuff support because it’s important to one of my clients.

Edit: MT said their max script execution time is 5 mins.

5385 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

100 mb

FARK !

What do you want people to be able to upload , ? CAD packages ???

Your bandwidth is the killer, and timing out ~ !

That is seriously seriously mad.

Must be films, just has to be lolololol

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
duotive says

we have used 1and1 for 6 months now and we payed for an extra 6 months. the host is very good, it dose not have cpanel and you need to enable php5 your self, BUT it runs great, no bandwidth limit and 10gb of space. we have the smaller package because we don’t need more and its 24 dollars per 6 months! its just perfect. give them a chance.
EDIT : i download with 8MB / sec and upload with 4 MB /sec ( the read MB not the ones you need to divide by 8 ) so the speed is good too, and i did not receive and complains about the loading speed for our themes.

1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

Blueshot em.. bluehost* :D will win with their 10 minutes. That means around 70 mb per file with like 125kb/s upload speed whic is below average. I have 800kb/s.. But then it’s limited by the servers that are in between the visitor and the hosting server so if at least 20megabytes can crawl up in 10 minutes it’s already ok.. It turns out it’s a sane technical limitation of PHP . NO it’s not films or anything illegal. It’s kind of a printing company and when doing 4 meters wide prints your file needs to have a certain size even with crappy resolution like with photomurals.

If the visitor who does the upload has a fast connection he’ll be lucky. But we have the option to send the file later (like on DVD ) if the uploading is no success. Or the user could even provide a link to a file because we will not be a file hosting company. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by