5 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
ybrigerhof says

I tried to install the downloaded theme. I could not install it, it asks me whether I am sure or not. could you help me? I am a newbie and I am lost.

3859 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

You get the “are you sure” error? Its 99% likely a hosting thing. You should install it via FTP – drop it into the themes folder (UNZIPPED) and you can activate it from your dashboard

5 posts
ybrigerhof says

thank you charly. I tried it via filezilla. I have installed wp on my laptop locally, so I do not know how I can connect with the server. Shouldn’t I give the following 127.0.0.1 as server? I really do not know how to proceed

3447 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

thank you charly. I tried it via filezilla. I have installed wp on my laptop locally, so I do not know how I can connect with the server. Shouldn’t I give the following 127.0.0.1 as server? I really do not know how to proceed

If you’re working locally, the server directory is just a folder on your computer, so you move files around just like any other files on your hard drive (copy/paste), and there is no need for FTP. FTP is for file transfer to remote connections.

5 posts
ybrigerhof says

dear sevenspark

thank you very much. I found on my computer (I work with AMPPS in order to have mysql, etc.) the wp folders. I copied the downloaded file and wanted to post it in the themes folder. unfortunately, it does not post it. Do I need some special administrator rights? How?

5 posts
ybrigerhof says

now, I could make it. It seemed that the file was not rightly unzipped. I copied and pasted in themes, but now, at ampps and wordpress it does not appear in order to activate. please help me

by
by
by
by
by
by