584 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
Bebel says

I know it has been discussed before but after another big stock site announced to sell logos in the future I asked myslef if this could be a good market for envato as well.

You could make a marketplace where people can upload files that can be bought only once. There wouldn’t be any legal issues this way and file prices could be higher as well :-)

900 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

There are already several big cotenders out there, I’m just not sure Envato would gain anything from trying to compete.

4911 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

I think this was addressed a while back when people on GR were asking for this to be added as a section. But a big reason behind it not happening was the rules governing logo copyright and multiple sales. If there was a way to make it so that these files could be purchased only once. It may work. But then I can see a whole group of people from that point pushing to have every item on all marketplaces get a “unique purchase price” option. And that could turn into a big mess. Something I wouldn’t have a problem passing it to the powers that be for review though.

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
There are already several big cotenders out there, I’m just not sure Envato would gain anything from trying to compete.

totally agreed….

2296 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I agree with ChesireCat – when I got the message from istock the other day I thought – good luck with that!

Way over saturated market and never really understood why people want a logo that 150 other people have.

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Motionreactor says
I agree with ChesireCat – when I got the message from istock the other day I thought – good luck with that! Way over saturated market and never really understood why people want a logo that 150 other people have.

+1 Logo’s should never be cookie cutter… If you have a business that you want to make money, you should take pride in the front line business presentation and get a custom and tailored solution.

2201 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
ArikB says

I don’t get it…I really don’t. So let’s say the one purchase system is implemented.

Why the hell do you want a logo that is not catered to your specific identity? Sure not everybody has 700-100.000 dollars to spend on identity design, but you might be better off contacting a non logo designer and simply ask him for some good looking typeface based on your company then buying something that’s made for people in general.

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says
I agree with ChesireCat – when I got the message from istock the other day I thought – good luck with that!

Ditto – iStock is a seriously heavy hitter in the image-stock industry, but even they are jumping into a heavily saturated market. IDK – I’m a designer first and web-developer second, but even I don’t think it’s a great choice to jump into the logo market.

900 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
I don’t get it…I really don’t. So let’s say the one purchase system is implemented. Why the hell do you want a logo that is not catered to your specific identity? Sure not everybody has 700-100.000 dollars to spend on identity design, but you might be better off contacting a non logo designer and simply ask him for some good looking typeface based on your company then buying something that’s made for people in general.

I’m so relieved to hear you say that Arik. I thought that I was just really dumb and missing something.

When I was looking for a logo for my new website, several authors sent me to these types of sites and I just sat there with a very blank look on my face wondering “how the heck do I impliment these designs into my own thing”. The brands were all so strong , I just couldn’t grasp how it worked.

2201 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
ArikB says

I decided to use DIN (some number version, forgot which) as my logotype.;)

by
by
by
by
by
by