2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

Those logo contest sites are very exploitive, they work because many people in poorer countries are willing to work for free. I really hope ehvato does not get involved in anything like that.

2309 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
Those logo contest sites are very exploitive, they work because many people in poorer countries are willing to work for free. I really hope ehvato does not get involved in anything like that.

Most of them are exploitative, but I believe Worth1000 is different in that it is primarily a site where artists compete just for the fun and/or ego-trip of accumulating large “trophy” collections (no cash prizes – just credits which can be used to enter paid contests).

The corporate logo contests section not only just gives members a chance of a cash prize too but also provides a methods by which members can win site credits (which are awarded to the voted winner, not the client pick) without paying to enter the contest.

That’s how I got started there, won a few site credits in a corporate contest and started entering paid contests in other sections without having to buy credits .. ( and happily won a few cash prizes along the way by having a few of my entries selected by the sponsoring clients :) )

630 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says

Why would a business use a stock logo? Does that not just defeat the purpose of having a logo in the first place (ie. Branding), I used to design logos for a pretty big advertising company and had one job where the guy was desperate for a new logo after he found his stock logo was also being used by a dildo-seller.

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

so on worth1000 you first need to do even more free work just to enter paid contest? seems worse than even the most exploitive sites.. or maybe I’m missing the attraction\point..

2309 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
so on worth1000 you first need to do even more free work just to enter paid contest? seems worse than even the most exploitive sites.. or maybe I’m missing the attraction\point..

I guess you’re just missing the attraction. :)

193 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Clixapix says

Envato has got a site creattica but here you can only view logos created that the designers wat to share

http://creattica.com/logos/latest-designs

:)

by
by
by
by
by
by