10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
webpr says

It’s a funny situation, and maybe a known problem that we can help Envato to solve.

Its the second time that its happening to me, thats why i am opening it as a topic.

We runing a PR company. We show Videohive templates to our customers, they choose what to buy, we buy for them, customize it and everybody happy.

Last 2 times, we showd templates to customers, they choose what they love, we paid the money to Envato via paypal, they got the money few days already, and they do not let us pay this money to the authors becouse they have problem on their billing system (mistake on the account authentication system).

We contacted support every day. 4 days already. and no answer at all (but the money is with them).

Now we have to “get” thsi template in other way, in order not to loose customer that paid already to Envato for this template. but in that way – they authors loose the money for his work, and we do not feel comfortable to do it.

do you have any idea how Envato can fix their billing problems and let buyers that pay them money buy the products from so many good authors here and not to look for alternative way?

Thank you so much!

2170 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

Now we have to “get” thsi template in other way, in order not to loose customer that paid already to Envato for this template. but in that way – they authors loose the money for his work, and we do not feel comfortable to do it.

I’m sorry I have no solution for the billing problems, but I guess envato is working on them since issues with paypal are known.

But I have a suggestion for you how to handle these situations in future: Contact the author of the template and explain the situation to him. Ask him if he can buy the license for you (Most probably he has enough money for that stored in his envato account) if you pay him the price via paypal.

After you send him the money he will send you the template via email or provide other download link.

I, as an author, would prefer that over “getting” my work on other way.

Also, if you don’t want to look like you are stealing our work and even making profit out of it, pay for the templates you “got” as soon as your money is on your account. That’s the least you can do if you want to keep your account here…

10 posts
webpr says

Thank you, Creative. Great idea!

The problem is that we buy a lot of themplates, and its headach to handle direct contact with so many authors. but yes, its a great solution for urgant cases. Thanks for that tip.

By the way, what i did last time is exactly as you sugested. we “got” the template right after we couldnt use the money weve paid to envato to do so, and after Envato support finally wake up to uswer the support ticket and to release the money, we paid for the templates. Not becouse we do not want to look like we are stealing (many govramet officers stealing, Microsift stealing, Google stealing, Apple stealing, so its not the real problem), but becouse we love the work the authors here do, we really apreciate it, and we love to support them. We make money from this work, and we are happy to pay for what we get.

But i do see in that problem that we found (and the “solution”) a risk and a wider problem for the authors, so we wanted to rais the issue and to try to help in finding solution.

Thank again.

10 posts
webpr says

We are on the 5th day since Envato got the money already, but doesnt let us pay it to the authors, and no one answers any of the 3 support ticets that we’ve opened for that.

It looks like the only way to get the templates is to “get” it for free, and not via Envato market place :-(

does anyone know any other marketplace for AE templates, that have a working payment system and not such a buggy one as Envato has?

7352 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

We are on the 5th day since Envato got the money already, but doesnt let us pay it to the authors, and no one answers any of the 3 support ticets that we’ve opened for that.

I don’t understand. what money needs to be paid to the authors that envato got already?

can you be more clear on this?

10 posts
webpr says

We got am order from few customers, to buy 7 templates that we showed them on videhive and they want us to customize it for them.

So we deposit that money to Envato already, 5 days ego, Envato got the money (as it shows in our paypal), but Envato took this money and doesnt add it to our account credit, so we cannot pay it to the authors.

Some of the templates we “got” already, as it was urgant for us to deliver in time what the customer paid already, but we want to give this money to the authors, to be fair with them.

We contacted support 5 days rgo, 3 days ego and 1 day ego – but it looks that even their support bankrupt and no one responding.

Any idea whats going on and if anybody know any working market place that we can buy AE templates?

7352 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Ok, now I understand. Since I have nothing to do with payments and envato support I can’t help you in any way but I want to thank you for creating this thread. It is important for marketplace support to work on these issues as fast as possible and the fact you didn’t get even a small answer for 5 days is ridiculous.

I’ve flagged your post for staff reply (how this thread is on forum for 16 hours and no staff saw it? ) hope they see it soon and take some action and resolve your payment issue.

5367 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Can I get your Support ticket number? Thanks!

10 posts
webpr says

Ticket ID: QCL-428-71178 Ticket ID: ZLR-858-14752 Ticket ID: LQQ-133-37868

Non of them answered… 5 days ego, 3 days ego and 1 day ego.

10 posts
webpr says

The question was fast. How about the answer?

by
by
by
by
by
by