• India
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
+1 more
Codestag says

Hello everyone

I was awkwardly surprised this morning when I saw that a theme I submitted at the .psd category was rejected dues to aesthetics. “Your are not providing an unpleasant template but the PSD category requires higher quality in terms of aesthetics…”

Although it was submitted under a new profile (collaboration), we are experienced authors in the marketplaces and well aware of the standards that need to be met. and we honestly believe that these standards are met.

We had a great feedback at dribbble also: http://dribbble.com/shots/910856-Theme-Preview/attachments/100253

Also, the review reply email, did not include the reviewer’s name. Shouldn’t it?

What I would like to ask, and I am now reffering to the themeforest staff, is if it possible to ask for a review from another reviewer and resubmit.

Here is a screenshot of the rejected theme: http://d.pr/i/rjZ9

Thanks everyone.

426 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
SimpleSites4U says

Given how many copies of other people work are accepted each week, and recently the exact same theme was released twice, its really hard to understand why yours would be deemed to be below standard – to me, it looks really smart!

Sorry i cant offer a reply you can work with, but just wanted to say imo it looks great and good work :)

193 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
ikaruna says

Hello everyone…

Reviewer’s name it’s not included for some time now, and I think it’s better that way. I don’t think you can ask for another reviewer.

jayc

292 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
crossroad says

Well, that’s just back luck. I think your design is really awesome.

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
+8 more
DzincStudio says
Moved to Item Discussion

Hi Codestag, in this case I recommend contacting Support, asking for additional feedback regarding the rejection. They’ll gladly forward your questions on to a review team member.

I’m sure the reviewer will take a second look, and provide you with some detailed feedback. Sometimes it’s just a matter of polishing a few minor details, which can/will only benefit your item. Give it a shot.
140 posts moutheme
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
moutheme says

I see your design too much “inspired” by the Rythm theme here. So, at least its lacking your own idea behind your design, which is important.

117 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Codestag says

I see your design too much “inspired” by the Rythm theme here. So, at least its lacking your own idea behind your design, which is important.

Hi there. Well, of course, since the designer behind this theme is the same one who designed Rythm as well :) You can see that he has released screenshots of both themes under his dribbble profile.

However it is quite a different design approach in my opinion. I do not agree with your comment about lacking originality.

117 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Codestag says

Moved to Item Discussion

Hi Codestag, in this case I recommend contacting Support, asking for additional feedback regarding the rejection. They’ll gladly forward your questions on to a review team member.

I’m sure the reviewer will take a second look, and provide you with some detailed feedback. Sometimes it’s just a matter of polishing a few minor details, which can/will only benefit your item. Give it a shot.

Hi, what about resubmitting and at the “message to the reviewer” field to just ask to be reviewed by a different person? Do I have to go through the support ticket process?

Thanks for the quick reply!

33 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Greece
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
JohnPixle says

Hi there. Well, of course, since the designer behind this theme is the same one who designed Rythm as well :) You can see that he has released screenshots of both themes under his dribbble profile.

However it is quite a different design approach in my opinion. I do not agree with your comment about lacking originality.

Emmm… I am here to verify that I designed both of them :)

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
+8 more
DzincStudio says

Hi, what about resubmitting and at the “message to the reviewer” field to just ask to be reviewed by a different person? Do I have to go through the support ticket process?

The reason I recommend asking for feedback before you resubmit, is to prevent the item from being rejected again, for simply lacking what could very well be simple but crucial adjustments/improvements.

Of course, you’re free to resubmit without any changes, requesting a different reviewer, but most of the time it’s unlikely to be approved, for the reasons mentioned above.

Either way, it’s just a suggestion. Keep up the great work and good luck.

by
by
by
by
by
by