155 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Warll says
The images link becasue this tag: <a href="http://www.levelsevenltd.com" target="_blank">Web Development by </a> is never closed.

To add the posts to the mainpage you have to use a ‘Wordpress Loop’, the bit of code dwoof posted earlier.

155 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
Warll says

Err, the tag didn’t appear to close when I first looked at it, now I see that the link has been removed.

18 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
petres_007 says

Ah! Fixed the poblem of the images linking to our site.

Anyone out there who can help me make WP display recent posts on the homepage?

18 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
petres_007 says
Err, the tag didn’t appear to close when I first looked at it, now I see that the link has been removed.

Yeah, I noticed that and fixed it. Thanks!

How do use the code Dwoof pasted without messing up the site as it is? Just need to know where and how (if there’s a how) to paste it. Also, if I need to edit the code or use it as it is.

Thanks!

19 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
schmackLab says

The code looks fine as it is. You just need to insert it into your theme on the homepage where you want to have the recent posts appear.

The code only shows excerpts not the entire post. Excerpts by default are the first 55 characters of your post or you can add your own excerpt at the bottom of the post in the admin.

You don’t have to worry about screwing up your site. Put the code in and it should work. If there’s a problem with the php in the code the worst that could happen is the page will break and display nothing. In this case just remove the code you just pasted in save and refresh and you will back where you started no harm done.

by
by
by
by
by
by