507 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
SevoDesign says

Well from the link that EAMejia gave..you can’t fully create the template in photoshop, you can create the objects in photoshop, and the transfer them to your presentation program, and create the text with the presentation program only. Good luck :)

3085 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

Well as I said in that post, I’ll repeat it again here. I create the basic layout in photoshop first and then export the images from PSD . Then resizing etc. is done in powerpoint. After that text is added and in the end, I make sure that text doesn’t go jaggy if it’s animated.

You should read that whole thread. There is also some information about resolution for backgrounds etc. so it might help out you guys. http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/powerpoint-templates-any-set-rules/28858

1108 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bangladesh
WonderArt says

Yes, that thread is helpful. . . I tried to make a presentation template few days ago. I made back ground in photoshop. But cant make it ar a presentation templet in power point. :(

115 posts
  • Argentina
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Royks says

I’ve found this article very useful for my latest designs, and I’m sure this’ll be great for you too:

Some few tips about powerpoint presentations

About the size

• Set Photoshop to 72 dpi screen resolution and work with this sizes.
  • If your computer is running at a resolution of 1024 pixels wide x 768 pixels tall, then it’s no point having any images with more pixels than this.
  • If you are going to be displaying the image full screen, i.e. occupying the whole page area in powerpoint, then aim for about 1000 pixels wide. Why 1000 and not 1024…it’s easier to remember! Also it doesn’t have to be exactly 1000 pixels, just over or just under, doesn’t really matter.
  • If your particular image is “portrait” e.g. it’s taller than it is wider, then aim for an image that is about 750 pixels tall, or for a half size image about 375 pixels tall.
  • Graphic File Formats

• PNG
    • The best for powerpoint, why? it does not lose any information and works with all the different numbers of colors (256, 16 bit, 24 bit, grayscale). It’s a Compressed file (smaller filesize, especially 256 color files) widely compatible and the best of all takes very little time to de-compress in powerpoint

• JPG
    • It’s ok for powerpoint, loses information but you do have control when you save it how much information is lost. Only works with 24 bit colors (16 million) and it’s a highly compressed file (very small files) widely compatible. Takes longer to de-compress in powerpoint than PNG .

• BMP
    • Still ok for powerpoint, does not lose any information and works with all the different number of colors. Can be compressed but not 24 bit colors. Big cons are very Large files. widely compatible. Very fast to load and display in powerpoint

• GIF
    • Loses information as it can only have a maximum of 256 colors. Only works with 256 colors at a compressed format state. Still widely compatible and doesn’t take anytime to de-compress as it’s not compressed.

Well that’s something for you to start learning about presentations. I hope this comes handy for everyone. :)

Regards, Lucas.
1108 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bangladesh
WonderArt says

Thank you very much friend …that is helpful … :)

145 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
kamarashev says

how to make MS PowerPoint Template

1. Create the presentation in Photoshop. 2. Export the images needed. 3. Rebuild in MS PowerPoint 4. Save As… and pick Save As Type: Design Template

hope that helped to someone :)

by
by
by
by
by
by