359 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
kops says

calling the download file [themename-UNZIP-ME-FIRST] then in the root folder having nothing but a readme file with a simple 1-2-3 install guide.

740 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

I’m not a WordPress developer, but I’m sick of seeing these threads and I guarantee WP authors are sick of support requests for this.

How can ThemeForest end this problem for good?

The floor is yours…

Automatically close threads and comments containing this phrase and making autoreply with link to correspondent FAQ entry :D

484 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iHelp says

I’m not a WordPress developer, but I’m sick of seeing these threads and I guarantee WP authors are sick of support requests for this.

How can ThemeForest end this problem for good?

The floor is yours…
Automatically close threads and comments containing this phrase and making autoreply with link to correspondent FAQ entry :D

This thread would be closed then too ^^

+1 to sevenspark’s three options

64 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
RafalBorowski says

How about a test for buyers? And I know what you gonna say they won’t do it because if someone has to pass a test (like we did as an authors) they would let it go and didn’t buy the theme.

But what if you let them register without test and when they buy a wordpress theme and click download button to actualy get the file they would have to fill this test. You could have it as simple as for example for WP themes question about the style.css, or for the HTML file a question like for example “Can I upload it to wordpress” (this would take care of dudes trying to run your html templates on WP) etc. After making all the questions correct account would remember your passed test and would not show it again on this type of files (for example if you buy more WP themes). Or maybe do just one test instead different one for different types of files… dunno what would be better.

1350 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

@RafalBorowski—that creates a barrier to purchase though, and that’s the last thing a marketplace needs.

As sevenspark said, just split up the downloads, we have to upload a separate wordpress theme anyway, so it wouldn’t even add more workload to anyone, in fact, using the fact that we have to upload the wordpress theme separately to the main file anyway, implementing a ‘download theme only’ button could be backwards compatible without any extra uploads required…

64 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
RafalBorowski says

@RafalBorowski—that creates a barrier to purchase though, and that’s the last thing a marketplace needs.

That’s why I suggested it AFTER the purchase – user would be motivated enough to usck up a little knowledge. ;)

1350 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

That’s why I suggested it AFTER the purchase – user would be motivated enough to usck up a little knowledge. ;)

That’s still a barrier to purchase, no matter where you put a test in the pipeline people will hear about it and be put off by it, and again, the better solution is to simply split the download as suggested. :)

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

or add _unzip_first.zip at the end of the name, that’s a better solution

something like themeforest-4078841-ekho-unique-responsive-wordpress-theme_unzip_first.zip should make it self-explanatory.

332 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dekciw says

Imo, unzip_me_themeforest-id-themename.zip > themeforest-id-themename_unzip_me.zip

by
by
by
by
by
by