1694 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I am about to finish a new item that’s gonna have some new and absolutely unique features, but since many many new authors here come and “steal/get inspired” ideas, how can I claim that my DESIGN is MINE ONLY?

I have some bad experience in the past dealing with someone who came with a very similar design. I think they should be taken responsible for their imitation and take action on changing their items to look different. All these NOOBs have to check the other items available and NOT EVEN TRY to imitate any existing items.

Reviewers cannot check thousands of themes, but I think we should draw the line somewhere, this cannot go any further.. Orman Clark stressed on this issue already last year.

I have to be able to take down anybody stealing my design ideas.

153 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
wpminima says

I guess the only thing author side you can do is compress your code.. For all other things (such as design ideas etc) there should indeed be an option to report, but I think there is already such an option no?

+4 more
dnp_theme says

No there isn’t :|

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

patent your design/concept ;)

37 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Osetin says

But how can you prove that it’s your original design and you have not stole them from other websites outside of theme forest…I think design is not something you can prove to be your original idea…

894 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
infuse01 says

I am about to finish a new item that’s gonna have some new and absolutely unique features, but since many many new authors here come and “steal/get inspired” ideas, how can I claim that my DESIGN is MINE ONLY?

Travel to mars and publish and sale your item there – that will work for sure.

No seriously, no offense. But I’m pretty sure that all the “features” you might think are “unique” are already used/developed elsewhere. Also this is the nature in our world I guess – you’re good in what you do so there are always be someone who tries to imitate one. Even my younger kid (1y) tries to copy the style of walking from my older kid (3y).

707 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
ChillThemes says

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Although, copying and trying to profit over someone else’s style is unethical. Those who don’t find their own style won’t be around for long in most cases. Everyone get’s inspired, I’m inspired by Mike McAlister’s work, but I don’t cross the line and make a 1-to-1 copy of anyone else’s work, I like to keep my moral compass pointing in the right direction.

You would just have to open ticket I believe, but there aren’t really unique ideas, those are hard to come by, but there are unique methods of execution.

+4 more
dnp_theme says

No seriously, no offense. But I’m pretty sure that all the “features” you might think are “unique” are already used/developed elsewhere. Also this is the nature in our world I guess – you’re good in what you do so there are always be someone who tries to imitate one. Even my younger kid (1y) tries to copy the style of walking from my older kid (3y).
I am going to send you a message when it’s published here on TF so that you can confirm you are making useless offenses. For all my items I have done extensive research on bringing something new, look out for yourself.
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Although, copying and trying to profit over someone else’s style is unethical. Those who don’t find their own style won’t be around for long in most cases. Everyone get’s inspired, I’m inspired by Mike McAlister’s work, but I don’t cross the line and make a 1-to-1 copy of anyone else’s work, I like to keep my moral compass pointing in the right direction. You would just have to open ticket I believe, but there aren’t really unique ideas, those are hard to come by, but there are unique methods of execution.

Yes, that IS the POINT.

894 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+5 more
infuse01 says

I am going to send you a message when it’s published here on TF so that you can confirm you are making useless offenses. For all my items I have done extensive research on bringing something new, look out for yourself.

Lol are you threaten me now? Don’t send me any message – I don’t need it. I wasn’t speaking as anyone without any experience – rather the opposite – life with it or not – your choice ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by