6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Italy
chaza says

don’t sell it if you want to protect agains immitation .. Just see iphone , themeforest , kfc, micosoft word ... there are lot of imitation (clone) for that brands ..

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Write on them “Patent pending” as I saw it is written on various stuff. :)

1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Recently reviewers started to soft-disable items for item names too similar with others, but names don’t matter as much as design does. Design rules on Themeforest and each author should be able to keep his design and code unique.

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

trust me , authors will not copy “your unique design” as it will not be new trend of web design. Just check your portfolio. You have unique design and unique style. But it look like not too much author will copy your design. So stop the topic like this and stop talking “I’m creating unique and afraid people will copy me” LOL

310 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
2AA says

I guess the only thing author side you can do is compress your code.. For all other things (such as design ideas etc) there should indeed be an option to report, but I think there is already such an option no?
I agree with wpminima you can compress css file code for the live preview because the sorted css code appear in firebug is easy to follow and easy to steal thanks in advance ;)
153 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
wpminima says

Write on them “Patent pending” as I saw it is written on various stuff. :)

How does this work then?

1789 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

On the web, developing something really new is almost impossible, it grew way too fast and most of the ideas were already taken out. And, you can’t prevent anyone from inspiring from your design. If someone takes your design, improves it and releases a product 2x cooler than yours, it will be fine and no one can do anything to him.

Don’t want to have anyone looking at your work, don’t sell it, it’s simple.

+4 more
dnp_theme says

Guys look at the sliders: they all look alike, they all have almost same animations and options. The general ideas exist in both layer slider and revolution slider as an example, just revolution slider has some more staging settings.

Guys I understand that for survival, almost all of us would do anything in order to get accepted here, and then again to get some sales. I admit I imitated uDesign slider multiple animations functionality when I came with my first slider, but at least I didn’t want to use their code and didn’t make it look the same.

With other authors, I can give many many by now, they are even SELLING others code and design entirely, what’s the catch, I mean is there any limit anywhere?

Last year I had to take down a WP theme because the author was using my slider code without my permission and it was very simple procedure, it took a few minutes to do it.

Similarly with DESIGN, I WILL release my items soon but if I see imitations on CodeCanyon or ThemeForest like the slider I am going to release, I will make screenshots and send to Support and whatever you may comment here I will do it.

And I WILL WIN.

1789 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

You won’t, javascript and php code are all under GPL license, everyone can copy them and you won’t be able to do a thing about it.

+4 more
dnp_theme says

You won’t, javascript and php code are all under GPL license, everyone can copy them and you won’t be able to do a thing about it.

I can give you the ticketID and we can both check with Envato, I did.

If I marked the header of my OWN files with :
/* Copyright by @#$%% aka dnp_theme <br />
** License commercial */

I can take down anyone using my code without my permission. The HTML mark-up and js files are enough clues to prove the copyright owner and violations against him.

It’s true, it’s an ocean of websites, but here on Themeforest / Code canyon, it’s in my own eyes. They cannot move much.

by
by
by
by
by
by