• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dekciw says

I know how one can protect himself against imitation Don’t know if this solution had been already posted but here you go:

Great solution! +100.

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

It’s not to say that you can’t really defend your work against blatant copies on tf. A dmca notice can do the job if the request is valid.
But the tone in which you write your posts, dnp, seem a little bit too arrogant. Calling people noobs & such, all that when there is evidence you used the same inspiration techniques… Not cool.

1673 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

It’s not to say that you can’t really defend your work against blatant copies on tf. A dmca notice can do the job if the request is valid.
But the tone in which you write your posts, dnp, seem a little bit too arrogant. Calling people noobs & such, all that when there is evidence you used the same inspiration techniques… Not cool.

Well yea I’ve lost some temper, while others prefer to put more gas on the fire. They could all have a nice attitude such as yourself and talk on the topic without inventing new ways to hit me with their attitude. That’s ok.

The truth is yes, I did the imitation, I adapted my original concept to that website, but my goal was to not imitate the best sellers here. That is something I cannot see here. I would do anything NOT to imitate others on the forest, most of it I do research. I hope you all get my point.

For those who said I should follow what I am preaching, you can go ahead in the Item Discussion threads you can find my replies to newbies: “learn from them, but don’t follow the best sellers” or “create your own unique graphics” or “bring your style to life”. In my mind is that I took the nokia design concept and adapted mine, to make a better template for Joomla, a template that can be customized and used mainstream. Nokia will change their homepage design sometime soon, as they’re all doing once a year or two, what’s left is my adaptation that suits excellent with Joomla.

I am happy I gripped many voices in this thread, I am sorry I had to ask certain people to stand down, I only want to talk to those who are really interested in the thread and not those who have nothing else to do. If you wanna help, come on in, if not at least you don’t say I should sell my items on another planet, I cannot do that yet, perhaps I may do it in the future. NLP can do magic :)

I’ve learned many of the authors here are not interested in working together, but rather put friendship aside, manners and all that, just because they failed once or perhaps were discouraged when others failed. Yes, my ideas are controversial, so what? You cannot beat an idea with bad words or bullets, but with better ideas. So come one, show yourself!!

:D

3433 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

You cannot beat an idea with bad words or bullets, but with better ideas. So come one, show yourself!!

I have never failed a DCMA complain in my life, even if there were a lot of themes that came after WowWay and they had the same concept. One even had the same orange sidebar with the same style. I never failed a DCMA complain about any warez sites distributing my items illegally either. Why?! Simply because i don’t care and i have better things to do in my day, the loose precious time fighting pirates and copy cats :D

Because .. even if you don’t admit it, there’s a little pirate and an imitator in each one of us.

This is my better idea that all the authors before tried to said: “just leave it as it is” :)

193 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
ikaruna says

There is nothing you can do, however a couple of weeks ago I saw a theme that seems to be a lot like Synergy, there was a forum debate, personally I believe that the author who made it has crossed the line. I don’t think the Synergy’s author could have take it down, I do believe that is not successful BUT I do believe that might have caused Synergy some sort of “small” drop in sales.

jayc

1673 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

You cannot beat an idea with bad words or bullets, but with better ideas. So come one, show yourself!!

I have never failed a DCMA complain in my life, even if there were a lot of themes that came after WowWay and they had the same concept. One even had the same orange sidebar with the same style. I never failed a DCMA complain about any warez sites distributing my items illegally either. Why?! Simply because i don’t care and i have better things to do in my day, the loose precious time fighting pirates and copy cats :D

Because .. even if you don’t admit it, there’s a little pirate and an imitator in each one of us.

This is my better idea that all the authors before tried to said: “just leave it as it is” :)

That’s interesting.

248 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says

DNP you sound like a spoilt child “It’s my toy, you’re not playing with it”... etc

+1

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
343 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SnoopyIndustries says

Big +1

490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

Hey Dan, I wish you practiced what you preach. Looking at your Galaxy theme one can only see a ‘too inspired’ design from http://www.nokia.com/mea-en/apps/ so I wonder, were you the original designer then nokia copied you?

What a shame for dnp theme ! I hate this kind person very much! I believe he think he’s creator of everything in his template. like a ancestor of web design :D

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
343 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
SnoopyIndustries says

@dnp – The truth is that you’ve got a point and we all know it, but there’s nothing to do about it and that’s that. Truth is that there are quite a few themes on the market which are just a customized version of some featured ones, but there’s no point in getting angry coz they’ll never have success like that.

And truth being told, you never know how one would have success. Let’s face it, there are some featured themes which don’t bring anything specifically interesting to the table but they still sell hundreds of items each week. It’s all about luck and about striving forward for success until you reach it.

by
by
by
by
by
by