359 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
Mirtt says

When you can’t work, the best thing is to go to 9gag.com, to read memes.

Thanks alot!

Seriously I can’t see myself concentrate either. I can do everthing else besides being productive which gives me headaches daily and useless feel. But I also have another problem called computer dizziness. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

3699 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Early morning walk & fresh air with my dog + Healthy Breakfast + Coffee + Dubstep / Drum n Bass + working in a well lit room away from the TV.

243 posts
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
deiby says

Do what excites you.

Drink more water and exercise or get up and move around etc.

Cut distractions and be in an environment that helps you get in the zone. Often this means solitude.

1657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+2 more
flashedge says

Usually I don’t sit all the time on my desk. When I don’t feel productive I just leave my computer alone and do something else like taking a poo or having some coffee. I leave my studio three times a week and go to gym by foot which gives me plenty of fresh air in my mind. Once I get back to work I feel better and can do more in less time.

Blaming the environment for your lack of focus is wrong. You actually can work everywhere in every situation if you know what to do. Best thing is to split your briefing in parts and keep note of each one.

900 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

I found reading an interesting book opens my mind a lot. New music too, but since there is no band as genius as Tool I can’t find anything good enough after them :/ And I’ve heard all their songs for dozens of times.

333 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • South Africa
Tamixes says

I recently started to show signs of burnout – which I could see through my lack of productivity (it was not my work that led to this but some extreme health problems with a family member). It also manifested as being unable to focus along with fatigue.

So I started going for vit B shots and I’m superdosing on Vit C (which is depleted through stress). I’m also fueling my creative side by doing completely ‘useless’ creative projects like just playing with my Wacom in various painting apps (no deadlines and no expectations, just for fun kinda stuff)

I’m also ‘forcing’ myself to have one ‘computer free’ day a week.

Sometimes you just have to evaluate or re-evaluate your situation to improve your productivity as everyone has such different situations. It can be a purely physical thing like too many distractions, or something you have no control over like illness or something emotional… hope you find a solution.

832 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SBJEWEL says

Thanks a lot guys…. :)

You just fill my fuel tank with your lots of valuable suggestions…. :) Thanks. But my engine is still not ready to go you know. I need to clean ( my all kinds of weakness… ) my engine’s dirt now…. I shall try to start my work from tomorrow…. Thanks again…. :)

I wanted to quote almost all of you guys… but really feeling not well right now… And sorry for being late. Thanks for all of your suggestions/comments…. :)

Still other can post their comments here; if they want to share their method or suggestions….

And about my method… ha ha… Man i am totally screwed… :depressed:

I am so glad that i am also a member of this community and this forum… :)

You guys are awesome… :)

Thanks again… :)

849 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Rewroc says

Usually I don’t sit all the time on my desk. When I don’t feel productive I just leave my computer alone and do something else like taking a poo or having some coffee. I leave my studio three times a week and go to gym by foot which gives me plenty of fresh air in my mind. Once I get back to work I feel better and can do more in less time. Blaming the environment for your lack of focus is wrong. You actually can work everywhere in every situation if you know what to do. Best thing is to split your briefing in parts and keep note of each one.

+1. Priceless advice. :)

264 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
soundengine says

I think you need to concentrate on relaxing instead. If you’re always telling yourself “I need to work, I really need to work” then you are not relaxing and it will make you feel guilty, and the more you feel guilty the more you’ll need to relax. So it’s a paradox. Don’t think about work, work can go to hell :)

williamhenrygates
williamhenrygates Recent Posts
Threads Started
26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
williamhenrygates says

Do YOGA in early morning.

One of the precious,ancient technique and one of the best gift to the world of our INDIA and very useful,very helpful to achieve highest level of concentration .

It will surely help you. Watch some online videos related to YOGA .

There are lots of aashan in yoga but the SURYANAMASKAR is complete package to stay fit.

Apart from yoga , you could try PRANAYAAM it is wonderful exercise to stay calm,it demands only to take breath very slowly,slowly and slowly and you will get amazed after doing this.

Try at-least one time and you will gain concentration,patience,a complete relax without spending a single penny.

and make sure to use music therapy such as rain sounds,water wave sounds,etc
Stay Fit :)

Have Fun :)

by
by
by
by
by
by