15 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mosaixel says
Hi, I was browsing codecanyon and I noticed that there is many duplicated work. Like this new one : http://codecanyon.net/item/tweet-2-unlock-for-wordpress/3343506

My question : How this can be ? How CodeCanyon accept duplicated work ? Any one can help me ?

Thanks

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

No point stating something is duplicated unless you list both items at least

Its like me saying, ” how uncanny how he is the spitting image of Arnold Swarzzeneggeerrrrr”

5550 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Please contact Support if you have copyright concerns. Thanks!

15 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mosaixel says
1275 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+8 more
Pricop says

Thsis is the second one http://codecanyon.net/item/tweetly-stylish-tweet-to-unlock-wordpress-plugin/3231634 the same with http://codecanyon.net/item/tweet-2-unlock-for-wordpress/3343506

And how can you be sure about that? Is the actual code the same? becuase if not, and only the ideea is the same then I don’t think there is anything wrong there, really, Just because they had similar ideeas doesn’t mean they are ‘duplicated’ or whatever.

10 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Tussendoor says

I’m partly in with Pricop but I’m also with Dragnoir.

If you see the amount of duplicated ideas here on Codecanyon, it’s just not funny anymore. Just see the number of sliders, just too many and just a few who really work well.

Many event plugins and none of them really worked out like they should be..

If you look further and watch on graphicriver, just search for i-device mockups.. Same story.. If you ask me it’s starting to work negative on the quantity and exclusivity of the whole envato marketplace

632 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

Thsis is the second one http://codecanyon.net/item/tweetly-stylish-tweet-to-unlock-wordpress-plugin/3231634 the same with http://codecanyon.net/item/tweet-2-unlock-for-wordpress/3343506
And how can you be sure about that? Is the actual code the same? becuase if not, and only the ideea is the same then I don’t think there is anything wrong there, really, Just because they had similar ideeas doesn’t mean they are ‘duplicated’ or whatever.

Samsung would have argued that point but they still lost. Whether they are “the same but different” makes no odds. Tussendoor is right, this marketplace has gone downhill very fast (for me anyway). Too much of the same stuff.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

Honestly I am glad someone else has posted this as I have opened numerous support threads and sent DMCA notices as there are parts of my callback code used in these scripts.

There are multiple accounts on CodeCanyon that have done nothing but copy my scripts and upload them with similar names…. This type of shit would never fly on ThemeForest. I uploaded a WP theme that took a month+ to code and design it was rejected just because the navigation looked to similar to a popular theme at the time.

Let’s be honest if you look at the examples posted they are duplicates. They do exactly the same thing, have the same styles (I can even see the traces of my CSS in some of them) all they have are different names. This is really starting to get aggravating as the only response is to “contact support” but nothing happens.

632 posts
Thecodingdude says

Honestly I am glad someone else has posted this as I have opened numerous support threads and sent DMCA notices as there are parts of my callback code used in these scripts.

There are multiple accounts on CodeCanyon that have done nothing but copy my scripts and upload them with similar names…. This type of shit would never fly on ThemeForest. I uploaded a WP theme that took a month+ to code and design it was rejected just because the navigation looked to similar to a popular theme at the time.

Let’s be honest if you look at the examples posted they are duplicates. They do exactly the same thing, have the same styles (I can even see the traces of my CSS in some of them) all they have are different names. This is really starting to get aggravating as the only response is to “contact support” but nothing happens.

I may not have many sales but I totally get how you feel. I’ve reported countless items for duplicated content because it’s so blatantly obvious. Whether it was a plugin using a theme the author ripped, or whether the code was copied from another plugin. The reviewers need to get a grip and start introducing better methods of making this marketplace more unique instead of having 50 plugins that all do the same thing.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

I may not have many sales but I totally get how you feel. I’ve reported countless items for duplicated content because it’s so blatantly obvious. Whether it was a plugin using a theme the author ripped, or whether the code was copied from another plugin. The reviewers need to get a grip and start introducing better methods of making this marketplace more unique instead of having 50 plugins that all do the same thing.

+100,000,000

by
by
by
by
by
by