i like being able to see previews of each forum when you click on the forum button but the stickies kind of make it hard to get a real sense of what has changed or been updated. maybe stickies could not show up in the overview but just at the top once inside a specific forum.
Also I think it would be really super cool to have a flash based forum that is turned into a file for sale (even though its not practical but maybe we can change that perception of test the fact.)
Another feature I think would be cool is a area to submit projects we worked on we may like to share or ask for help with the could be encrypted for us. But that might be another long shot.
Thanks for asking I really am just fine with how is know its a great place to learn
I’ve always wondered why I have to type the break tag every time I want a linebreak.
Also a richer text editor would be fine, because I hate to search things on that page that is linked to.
When I click a link in the homepage part of the footer, I get redirected to the last post, but then it scrolls down until it’s at the username (below the avatar) so I have to scroll up again to read the complete post.
I like the simplicity of the current forum. The only features it really needs is:
1) code tags
2) a notify via email button
1. A text editor instead of writing code for texiles . That would be a nice touch also for the item comments. Personally I don’t really like that we have to code our text, plus I don’t think many buyers even know about this. Also the break tag sucks, that’s the most annoying of all .
2. Notify via email for a thread the user subscribes to.
3. Post reply / Reply with a quote – adding a Cancel button would be cool – I often change my mind after hitting the Reply button, and I want to reply with quote. So I have to get out of the page, and re-enter in order to do that (or write the blockquote tags)
- Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
- Won a Competition
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Exclusive Author
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
Better search, I tried few times to find thread/message but always with no luck.
I solely use the “New Threads” sidebar to go through posts.
One feature that I would like to see, and please let me know if I’ve just been too blind to see it, is the ability to see “Other posts by this user”. There was a thread I was looking for that I remember posting in, but since I can’t view my previous posts, it’s lost under lots and lots of new threads.
1) A Before You Post Thread which new users must read before posting. The first time they click the forum button this page is shown, its then just a sticky afterwards…
2) A WYSIWYG editor would be really nice, maybe something similiar to the one used on actionscript.org/forums when creating and replying to posts.
3) When a thread gets into 5+ pages its really annoying to click the “new thread” button and be taken to the first page. If the thread is 10+ pages, its even more annoying…
4) If your insisting on having “Started By” (didnt used to) then please also add last post by so I can see whether it has changed since I last viewed the thread…
5) I really think you should take a serious look at the actionscript.org/forums as it is a feature rich forum. Your account will allow you to view all threads which you’ve posted in and you can see how many people are viewing the forums and threads etc…
Hope this helps