1504 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years Has referred 10+ members Located in Australia Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

This is good stuff guys! Keep it coming, very useful suggestions!

Meanwhiles I should ask for suggestions on some other pages (mental note to self!)

905 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
unchartedrealms says

i like being able to see previews of each forum when you click on the forum button but the stickies kind of make it hard to get a real sense of what has changed or been updated. maybe stickies could not show up in the overview but just at the top once inside a specific forum.

Also I think it would be really super cool to have a flash based forum that is turned into a file for sale :) (even though its not practical but maybe we can change that perception of test the fact.)

Another feature I think would be cool is a area to submit projects we worked on we may like to share or ask for help with the could be encrypted for us. But that might be another long shot.

Thanks for asking I really am just fine with how is know its a great place to learn

951 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

I’ve always wondered why I have to type the break tag every time I want a linebreak.

Also a richer text editor would be fine, because I hate to search things on that page that is linked to.

When I click a link in the homepage part of the footer, I get redirected to the last post, but then it scrolls down until it’s at the username (below the avatar) so I have to scroll up again to read the complete post.

2671 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

I like the simplicity of the current forum. The only features it really needs is:

1) code tags

2) a notify via email button

2114 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
fifty_tons says

Hi Collis
1. A text editor instead of writing code for texiles :D. That would be a nice touch also for the item comments. Personally I don’t really like that we have to code our text, plus I don’t think many buyers even know about this. Also the break tag sucks, that’s the most annoying of all :P.
2. Notify via email for a thread the user subscribes to.
3. Post reply / Reply with a quote – adding a Cancel button would be cool – I often change my mind after hitting the Reply button, and I want to reply with quote. So I have to get out of the page, and re-enter in order to do that (or write the blockquote tags)

2671 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

also collis, have you thought about opening a FD account on http://getsatisfaction.com/ ?

its a great way to get feedback.

827 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+7 more
wpbakery says

Subscribe/bookmark threads.

Better search, I tried few times to find thread/message but always with no luck.

76 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Canada Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
g_gilmore says

I solely use the “New Threads” sidebar to go through posts.

One feature that I would like to see, and please let me know if I’ve just been too blind to see it, is the ability to see “Other posts by this user”. There was a thread I was looking for that I remember posting in, but since I can’t view my previous posts, it’s lost under lots and lots of new threads.

8226 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Envato team says

1) A Before You Post Thread which new users must read before posting. The first time they click the forum button this page is shown, its then just a sticky afterwards…

2) A WYSIWYG editor would be really nice, maybe something similiar to the one used on actionscript.org/forums when creating and replying to posts.

3) When a thread gets into 5+ pages its really annoying to click the “new thread” button and be taken to the first page. If the thread is 10+ pages, its even more annoying…

4) If your insisting on having “Started By” (didnt used to) then please also add last post by so I can see whether it has changed since I last viewed the thread…

5) I really think you should take a serious look at the actionscript.org/forums as it is a feature rich forum. Your account will allow you to view all threads which you’ve posted in and you can see how many people are viewing the forums and threads etc…

Hope this helps :)

8226 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Envato team says

oh and prices for reaching 1000 posts cause i’m not that far off :P lol :D

by
by
by
by
by
by