1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey People!

As you may know, we are working on a fullscale redesign of the marketplaces over here. We’re giving the whole sites a facelift with new logos, brand new design, some small feature upgrades and a couple of big features for buyers. It’s going to be approximately 6-8 weeks before we roll it out because there is just so much work redesigning a site like this while simultaneously maintaining and updating the current site. So ETA for the design is the end of July.

Today I wanted to get a bit of community feedback though. A couple months ago I asked how the forums could be better and that was really useful to read through and I got a lot of small improvements to bundle in.

So now I’d like to open it up to discussion on general improvements to the site! If you’ve got some opinions you’d like to share, please feel free to do so. For the next 2 days I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for things to package in. Of course feel free to mention anything at all and we can always add it to our features-for-the-future list :-)

So what would you like to see improved on the marketplaces? Are there any small things? Are there any big things? Are there improvements we could make to the interface (where buttons are, how menus are setup etc)?

A lot of the basics are already done, but this is a good time to move little things around, so those types of suggestions are definitely the most useful.

OK! I’ll be back over the next few days to read everything that gets said!

1028 posts Freelance Flash and JavaScript Developer
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
sike says

Good news for new feature and improvement, but the preview is broken now.

730 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in China
+5 more
wangruyi says
Good news for new feature and improvement, but the preview is broken now.
Maybe the site update not finished so far. :)
698 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

I would like to have a link on Earnings table to immediately go to the last sold item. I know that the last sold item is always displayed first in Portfolio but I always check Earnings first to see what’s sold and then I would like that the name of last sold item is a direct link.

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

invest in a test server, then we can talk about new features :D

4335 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says
invest in a test server, then we can talk about new features :D
If i got a penny every time chuck said that, i would be rich!

No, i know, what happened to the robot! You should have used him during the downtime:P that white box with defauld red text was awful :D

I’ll leave the suggestions to everyone else coz i can’t think of anything.

Still can’t wait till the update!

2715 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

I have a suggestion.... on every profile’s home section you can show only 3 bookmark collections, but I would love to show 5 or more of them :)

and if you could make some settings would also be good, like the to set the order of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th…. or the number of how many you want to show

6023 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

The 590×300 size swf preview is perfect for showcasing the items such as banner rotators, scrollers and many utilities. If the height of the preview allowed to change upto a certain size (more than 300px), that will help a lot. If custom size is not possible, atleast 2 fixed size as choice can work. Example 590×300 and 590×590

5359 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I find Envato to be a very user-friendly website (other than the hidden search bar on the home page). I hope you guys keep things mostly the same as far as user-friendly goes :)

4664 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

File FAQ page on our files to help with support – so we can take the most commonly asked questions from buyer comments and post the solutions on the FAQ so they don’t have to go through pages of comments. This might need to be restricted to buyers only since it might contain source code of the inner workings of the file.

by
by
by
by
by
by