1 post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
rahul7778 says

That is exactly what I mean, stupid way to do it. Have not come across any other site with affilite program where it works in such a poor way.

I got a lot of clickthroughs and not one cent in commission, even though my customers has used my affiliate links to register and buy material.

There is no point to promote Envato sites then…

I totally appreciate with you. Envanto market place is #1 leading in world for themes , plugins etc. and its obvious , there is some peoples to earn through affiliates from envanto market place but after looking there affiliate policy i totally screwed up . :zipped:

i think envanto does not need any affiliate marketers after all they are very well rank in Google. so why they care about there affiliate marketers .

One suggestion for envanto :- Remove “new user” word from your affiliate policy that sounds good for affiliate marketers.

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Urosino says

I’ve been promoting Themeforest for a month and it made me zero sales, even thought my traffic is very targeted.

Sample: http://wpfreaks.com/best-3-seo-plugins-wordpress-2013/

There is a good reason for this. You can hardly get any commission with this (cookie) policy.

I am dropping the affiliate program until they change game play rules.

However, I still like the themes and plugins :)

1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mj9999 says

I realize this thread is a little old but it seems to cover my what I am asking. So here goes.

Is this how it works?

Question 1

If I send a new user with no previous cookie and that user deposits $10 I get $3?

Question 2

And if that user comes back the next day and deposits $100, I get nothing?

Question 3

And what if the user pays directly with Paypal and makes no deposit?

Question 4

If I send a user with a previous cookie will that not even register as a click though?

I hope someone can answer these questions.

Thanks

3991 posts Community Team
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Brazil
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says

Hi mj9999, in addition to the questions/answers below, please take a moment to read this article.

If I send a new user with no previous cookie and that user deposits $10 I get $3?
Correct, you will receive 30% of that person’s first cash deposit or purchase price.

And if that user comes back the next day and deposits $100, I get nothing?
Correct, you will only receive 30% of their first purchase or cash deposit.

And what if the user pays directly with Paypal and makes no deposit?
As long as it’s the user’s first purchase, yes, you will receive the 30% commission.

If I send a user with a previous cookie will that not even register as a click though?
Correct, if a person clicks a link, they have three months before the cookie expires.

If you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks and good luck.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
reswpthemes says

Why is it that only the first deposit counts? No other affiliate program I’m aware of works like that. It does seem a bit harsh.

1 post
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
hostingbrite says

. Yes, while at joining themeforest it drive some sales. But nowadays it’s not happened. Is anybody face the same problem?

3249 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

Why is it that only the first deposit counts? No other affiliate program I’m aware of works like that. It does seem a bit harsh.

Most of the affiliate programs i know work like that. Think at hosting companies. These give you something from the first month.

2 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
marlnet says

We promote many companies in numerous countries – Envato really need to drop their affiliate program: it’s completely insulting and demonstrates 100% that they have no real interest in building symbiotic relationship with performance marketers, they just want traffic and sales for as little as possible.

Sadly, as much as I agree with other posters that it’s a great marketplace, as a company they have lost their way – just go back a year (if that) and the price hike that defied belief – they need competitors and that is where our marketing efforts will be committed…

3 posts
Ice13 says

Anyone know if something has changed recently?

The cookies policy is very bad for marketers, it’s almost impossible to turn a client today who has not at ThemeForest before it reached you.

It should not work that way. If a certain person came to your site, and you have failed to convince him to buy a product, and then, I managed to convince him, I should get a percentage of sales.

Anyway, if you leave it that way, it would be to your disadvantage. There are more than 50 companies of Themes, and marketers will work with them instead of you.

Network marketers have enormous power, and they can be very damaging to the image of a company that is deceiving them.

Ask the hosting company “Ipage.” They decided to cheat their affiliate marketers and refuse to pay them for the same reason, And today, if you search for their company on Google, you’ll see a lot of “SCAM” and bad reviews.

S? I recommend you to change your policy …

1580 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Not really, a member may want to think more days and view more products before deciding. That takes hours, days. What matters is the first member that brought him to ThemeForest, he’s the one that should get the comission.

by
by
by
by
by
by