9 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
tompopp says

How do I search/find themes that have already been built into working sites? I’d like to do this for several reasons in order of importance: 1. Really, I just want to see the theme in action outside of the displays on themeforest 2. Are any of my competitors already using the theme I’m considering? 3. If I still like the theme, what might I be able to do better?

I can understand that people don’t want another business stealing their idea, but that is quite contrary to what I want to do. If a close competitor is using it, I definitely don’t don’t to.

The theme in question is The Daily Press: http://themeforest.net/item/the-daily-press-super-simple-wp-publication-theme/1965747?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=theMOLITOR<la>

352 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
al_m473 says

I think one of the problems with this is that the sellers don’t know who the buyers are. besides most people on here hide behind some quirky name anyway and there would be no way to relate that to an actual person in most cases.

this feature would be nice, after all, you really don’t want a duplicate theme as someone you are competing against and as well, why would I want to use the same theme as someone else anyway?

\otherwise just use twentyten, wonder how many copies of that there are in use?

good luck

Al

by
by
by
by
by
by