12 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
rosh1958 says

I know that i’m an Idiot , but i’m asking anyway. I bought a template on this site, registered a domain-name, signed up withe a Host and now i’m sithing there and don’t know what is next. How do i get this template to my Host – server . I habe no Idea where to post this question on the site . now shoot me.

407 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
PaddyTaylor says

I assume the domain is connected to the hosting you bought? That’s first step then indepedsnon what the file is you bought?

Either way you will need FTP logins for your hosting. This may been emailed to you or you will need to login to your hostin admin and get them from there. You can then use a free program like FileZilla to connect to where you have to upload the files

Get that far then come back here for more steps. Good luck

12 posts
rosh1958 says

Hello PaddyTaylor,

Thank you for your response, now i changed the servername- entrys at my domain-name registrar. Unfortunately this is not my Host. I subscribed to Hostgator , now i have to wait for 24 hours so that this change may take place. I extracted the Wordpress – Template to my Desktop in a seperate Folder, what is my next step to get this folder into Hostgator.?

3672 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Once the hosting and domain is all inline together then you need to install WP on your hosting (hostgator has a built in way to install it or you can download it from Wordpress.org and do it via FTP).

Once that is installed and set up you can login to your dashboard and install the theme. If you look in the download from here there will be documentation talking you through how to do this.

Without WP set up on your hosting the only extra steps you can take is if you set it up on your localhost environment BUT if you are less experienced do not try this and you may have to be patient!

In the mean time here is a link to how to use Hostgator to install Wordpress: http://www.hostgator.com/apps/wordpress-hosting.shtml

12 posts
rosh1958 says

thank you for your response charlie 4282.

the nameservers are set to my Host finally, now today i tried to upload that Theme within my Wordpress-Dashboard. There was a failure to upload . would you take a look at the error message please:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

4377 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
Dzinc says

^ Hi rosh1958, please follow the instructions below, or watch the screencast on this page.

1. Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
  2. Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
  3. Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
  4. Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
  5. Using an FTP client, upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder
  6. Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.

If you need any additional assistance, don’t hesitate to ask! Good luck.
12 posts
rosh1958 says

Hello Dzinc, there is no such thing as a style.css inside, one folder has something in it, that says style but there is no ending .css maybe this is why all the things have changed into Dreamweaver and Photoshop-files. If i try to upload the file , it just stays open on my laptop and wordpress at my host doesn’t take it in. Nothing hapens. now im stuck

3672 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

What file/theme did you buy?

Assuming you have purchased a Wordpress file then there will be (within the download from here) a series of files and folders most like some called “Documentation”, “theme” “file name” etc. etc. One of these will be the Wordpress theme file (it may or may not be zipped already) and it is that one you need to upload.

If you list here the file name AND all of the folders that you see on unzipping the download then we will be able to tell you which one it is.

12 posts
rosh1958 says

thank you charlie, i made a zip-file out of it, so now its in the site. but i’m missing the second part of the theme , its just the entrance- theme that i bought for 40,-$ , maybe that second part was not included in the first place. You might click on : dreamlandpastel.com than you will see what i mean. It doesnt show eny of the parts inside that theme. But anyway thank you for helping me with that thing to get it over there.

3672 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

It is a Wordpress theme so you need to create the pages you are looking for. Only HTML templates come with it all built.

Look inside the download and there may be a .xml file which inputs the dummy content in the demo or you could email the author and ask for it otherwise you need to create pages and put it together yourself.

Good luck

by
by
by
by
by
by