226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says

I’ve completed and submitted the free file form.. where I submitted one of my HTML themes to give for free. The item was created in January 2010 and i just noticed that this month’s free file is a PSD theme from Kriesi, created in 6 april.

I guess the items are posted on the home page not in order but in the order the staff wants. I don’t want it on the free file list anymore.. does anybody know how I can remove it from that list? I don’t want to give it away for free anymore ,as I don’t like the order items are posted there…

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Contact support with the name and link to the item in your email. To clear any confusion up, I don’t believe there is any order to them, they are chosen at the discretion of the site manager :)

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says
Contact support with the name and link to the item in your email. To clear any confusion up, I don’t believe there is any order to them, they are chosen at the discretion of the site manager :)

That’s why I want it removed. It’s not fair to have site manager preferred items showing up. Thanks for the info

1125 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says
I’ve completed and submitted the free file form.. where I submitted one of my HTML themes to give for free. The item was created in January 2010 and i just noticed that this month’s free file is a PSD theme from Kriesi, created in 6 april. I guess the items are posted on the home page not in order but in the order the staff wants. I don’t want it on the free file list anymore.. does anybody know how I can remove it from that list? I don’t want to give it away for free anymore ,as I don’t like the order items are posted there…

what do you mean by “the order items are posted there”?

If I am not wrong…. an author sends his file to the “free” list in order to be considered as the free file of the month. Then every month the staff picks one item to be the free file of that month. This month is Kriesi’s item.

Next month another item will be chosen (and it could be yours). That month your item would be shown in the homepage if chosen.

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says
what do you mean by “the order items are posted there”?

If I am not wrong…. an author sends his file to the “free” list in order to be considered as the free file of the month. Then every month the staff picks one item to be the free file of that month. This month is Kriesi’s item.

Next month another item will be chosen (and it could be yours). That month your item would be shown in the homepage if chosen.

I thought it is a normal order on where the items are being posted… If they are shown by the staff’s choice… it might not ever get chosen.. so it’s not exactly fair.. + I’m sure there are a lot of items available for “free file”.. if the stuff considers that kriesi (the #1 themeforest author) is the one that needs to be promoted .. then my item has no place there…

Don’t get me wrong.. I really admire kriesi and like his work. He’s doing a great job.. but come on… is he the one who really needs promotion at this point? + my item was a html theme (not a psd theme) .. not sure on what grounds the staff chose the item, but I really think a free HTML theme would be much more appreciated. Still, kriesi is the one getting all the traffic and all the promotion..

uuhhh…uhhh….uhhh… ok.. I’m calm now (lol) ...

I just thought that there was a line sorted by date of when the item was submitted.

1125 posts
+5 more
hansv says

oh, ok. I got your point now.

Well…. Kriesi gets the attention…. but the “free file of the month” is not about promoting an author…. Envato placed that feature there to promote the marketplaces. To get potential buyers to like the content they see and get hooked to the marketplaces.

So it is in Envatos interest to get the best file available there, because they are promoting the marketplace. In this case, themeforest.

Do not get me wrong, your item sure has the quality and the level to compete at the top.

But it is not about fairness. Because the feature is not a favor to the authors it is more a advetising campaign for the company.

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says

Well…. Kriesi gets the attention…. but the “free file of the month” is not about promoting an author…. Envato placed that feature there to promote the marketplaces. To get potential buyers to like the content they see and get hooked to the marketplaces.

So it is in Envatos interest to get the best file available there, because they are promoting the marketplace. In this case, themeforest.

Do not get me wrong, your item sure has the quality and the level to compete at the top.

But it is not about fairness. Because the feature is not a favor to the authors it is more a advetising campaign for the company.

I think being at the home page with a free item gives you some amount of exposure, advertises your items and derivate items from the free item…etc

1125 posts
+5 more
hansv says

I think being at the home page with a free item gives you some amount of exposure, advertises your items and derivate items from the free item…etc

well, it sure does…. no question about it. But being selected is not about fairness. That is what I meant. I would recommend you to let your item on the waiting list. I am sure it has good chances to get selected, judging from your items.

Do not feel angry about the system and just give it some time. Be positive :)

Have a good day, cy21

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says
well, it sure does…. no question about it. But being selected is not about fairness. That is what I meant. I would recommend you to let your item on the waiting list. I am sure it has good chances to get selected, judging from your items.

Do not feel angry about the system and just give it some time. Be positive :)

Have a good day, cy21

Ok.. Thanks.. Will take your advice and leave it there…

You have a nice day too :)

by
by
by
by
by
by