447 posts I love the web!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
htmgarcia says

@subwaymatch: I work with some authors here and is really great! When you make team you get better items, one author design, another code. Everyone specializes in a certain skill and polish the design/functionality, even you can create different versions based on the same design: WP, Joomla, Drupal. About the earnings, that depends of the agreement of both authors.

Good luck with your journey making partnership! :)

82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
subwaymatch says

Thank you. I agree with you that teaming up can make better items. My main interests are front-end and WP, but I was wondering if I could find partners for other CMS.

1635 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

Thank you am_themes – very helpful. For anyone that might have any ideas, How would splitting up the profits work? Sign a contract and make transfers every month? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you, Park
For long term partnership, it is better to create a new account to which both designer and developer will have access. As envato marketplaces allow multiple withdrawals so each partner can withdraw his share just before the end of the moth.

Mate these points are not clear to me: ‘For long term partnership, it is better to create a new account to which both designer and developer will have access.”

You mean new account and both partner can able to login main account?

Second: “As envato marketplaces allow multiple withdrawals so each partner can withdraw his share just before the end of the moth.”

What does it mean envato just allowed 1 transaction on every month before 15. So i think you mean that if author have multiple withdraw feature then the other partner can login main account and withdraw his/her earning… i m right? But then how to withdraw to partner account not your own main account.

82 posts
subwaymatch says

Yes. Speaking of partnerships, Envato should enable adding “co-authors” or “co-owners” like Behance. For each item, both authors can set payout terms and automatically split the earnings. :)

1635 posts
webdesignerart says

Yes. Speaking of partnerships, Envato should enable adding “co-authors” or “co-owners” like Behance. For each item, both authors can set payout terms and automatically split the earnings. :)

aaahh this will be a killing feature in marketplace… :D But the bad effect is for those authors who work alone making wp+html+design build their own.

82 posts
subwaymatch says

Yes. I am going to suggest this feature in another forum :) By “bad effect”, do you mean authors who work alone have more competition?

1635 posts
webdesignerart says

Yes. I am going to suggest this feature in another forum :) By “bad effect”, do you mean authors who work alone have more competition?

No the single author sale will be down time by time, i know quality work matters but sometime things change depends on good or bad strategy, simple:

For instance 1 author take 30 days to make complete package (design + html + Wp) and reviews(feedback,revision,rejections etc) takes max 1 week to publish item in marketplace. But in team case if the work split in 3 members team. Then things process parrallel, for instance 1 member making wp framework or setting up default backend structure, and meanwhile the designer author making design + on that time html coder author setting the html template basic structure as he know what average coding/front end functionality require in this new theme.

So time will shring i think 37 days task will be done in 20 to 23 days and as result in marketplace items will publish within days offcourse when submission loads increase then processing all chains will increase. Then signle author based items will skip fast from marketplace front/main page and then many buyers miss the moved item from home page.

Sorry my english is bad, but you can abstract it what i am trying to say here.

82 posts
subwaymatch says

Your points are very clear now. Yes. In the case, I see only one solution. TF would need to raise the bar for approving items. This would reduce the number of overall items. Keep in mind, this is only a personal opinion though. On a side note, your English is very, very good :)

1635 posts
webdesignerart says

Your points are very clear now. Yes. In the case, I see only one solution. TF would need to raise the bar for approving items. This would reduce the number of overall items. Keep in mind, this is only a personal opinion though. On a side note, your English is very, very good :)

I am glad the only 1 person in my life who my english is “very very Good” maybe english grammer is getting on track time by time :P

1635 posts
webdesignerart says

I am glad the only 1 person in my life who said my english is “very very Good” maybe my english grammer is getting on right track time by time :P
by
by
by
by
by
by