6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
owldesign says

I’ve been using the WordPress add_image_size to do all my image sizing and cropping. Does anyone here do it another way? Or has that been working great for them. I am very much concerned about the image ration and many times after setting everything up I’ll get a cropped image where the good stuff mostly gets cut off…

I figured there isn’t really a “smart” way of getting the perfect crop, unless there is some plug in that lets you scale and drag your mouse around the image to pick the perfect area..

How you guys go about that?

141 posts Get in the spotlight
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FamousThemes says

Hello,

Well, I know a lot of people don’t know about the “Edit image” button under the “Media” Wordpress admin tab, that is included in the wordpress instalation. The button is right under the image thumb that you will upload in Media section.

There is an actual image editor, that works like a plugin. You can also read THIS To see what you can do with an image (Scale Image, Image Crop, Crop Aspect Ratio, Crop Selection….)

Hope this will help.

Regards.

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
owldesign says

Oh nice, yeah never noticed the Edit Image option. That’s good to know. Thanks for the link I will go through it, this helps.

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
owldesign says

Turns out that “Edit Image” crop thing doesn’t seem to work for Featured Image. Anyone know whats up with that?

After the crop the I add the new cropped image to be my Featured Image, however it still selects the original image. eh..

by
by
by
by
by
by