2024 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

I often get ask how I earn my money or what my job is. I’ve serious problems to describe it in few words. Often I get responses like “you do homepages?” or ”$ 15,- for over a month of work?” or “Can you check my PC, some strange things going on?”

How do you explain your job as author to people with no sense for digital media? A one sentence solution would be perfect ;)

5337 posts
    Member of the Envato Team Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Canada Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Unemployed.

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

For those who make a living from Envato, there is no other word for it… you are unemployed :D

538 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Farley_Design says

Retired :D

Edit: That’s how I often explain my earnings when people ask me where do I get money when I don’t work ;)

3197 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+10 more
ThomGeskin says

Bon vivant.

1257 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

I find my self in the same situation, and telling them that I do ‘freelance’ would lead to other several questions, so I guess I’m going with ‘unemployed’ from now on…
325 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
EmilGuseinov says

I say that I have sitting on my mother’s neck :)

270 posts New Elite in Town!
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
icypixels says

Undercover agent maybe? :D

I don’t know, maybe a simple “I work on internet” would do the job.

197 posts I'm a Husky Designer
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
designcrumbs says

I simply say I make websites.

Sidenote: I’ve been married for 4 years and my father in law just really figured out that I actually run a business and I’m not “living an artist lifestyle.” His respect for me went through the roof. It’s quite funny.

1431 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
    Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Self-employed – which stands to be the best answer. Truly you are self-employed. You work when you want to without been pressured and you earn even more than some people that are employed.

by
by
by
by
by
by