3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Steve Jobs smoked weed… then he went to India and smoked some more. Then he went back to his first love, computers & such and mastered the thing; all that in competition Bill Gates, who didn’t smoke.
Anyhow, I like the idea of life being a journey, not a destination.

5969 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Here are the steps: 1. Do what you love.
... and success will follow ;)

LOL :D

Life is not that easy. For example, it would be hard to find/decide what you actually love. Each and every day can add / remove the list of what you love. The key is keeping the sincerity to follow something as well as having flexible mind to accept the failures / alternatives / diversions. Atleast this is what helps running a smooth life; if we accept it or not is another thing.

I see the so called successful people (steve jobs and 100s of famous ones) managed to confuse people from reality in the form of half-researched success stories. If you can just see how they prepare their wording before attending a speech, you will know how valuable your life is than their “prepared” motivations.

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

So what you saying? Without weeds we wouldn’t have the iphone crap? I guess you are right :P .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5xsihdWNT8
4639 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Here are the steps: 1. Do what you love.
... and success will follow ;)

LOL :D

Life is not that easy. For example, it would be hard to decide what you actually love.

You see in there lies the problem. What love is, is not a decision you make with your mind, it’s what you make with your heart. A knowing of what is, not what you think it is. Knowing comes from the heart, thinking comes from the mind. You have to separate the two, then you’ll know what is and what is not.

5969 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ I can’t explain but words are not important but meaning. Man, you never faced this problem? I have around 5-6 projects I really like to continue but still I love what I do currently. Where is the solution or even where is the problem?

That’s why I said, we supposed to accept to lose what we love in some moments of life. Or just we will hit the natural limitations to teach us what we loved to do is actually not existing. Personally this is what makes me to incline these subjects. Secondly if you spend time with family, you will actually see without staying away from what actually love to do, it would be impossible to have smooth life; this is so natural, but most business / skill based people won’t consider coming to this subjects on public but they face these issues (example: steve jobs).

PS: I have low rendering power, so I have edited this many times to convey :D

5346 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Steve Jobs smoked weed… then he went to India and smoked some more. Then he went back to his first love, computers & such and mastered the thing; all that in competition Bill Gates, who didn’t smoke.

From my new favorite show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCqV0OQKXEM&t=2m15s

And if you get the song reference you win a prize!

291 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in India
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
ideastools says
291 posts
  • Located in India
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
ideastools says
380 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
krafti says

patience!

4639 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXr_J8gOc4I&feature=related

Yeh I don’t agree with this, building affirmations that you believe in yourself based on past successes to give you a sense of drive? Personal drive may seem like it comes from the outside, but true belief comes from the inside. What he is teaching is building ego – imagined self. It’s who you believe you are based on the outside world. But that is a fragile concept, since your belief in yourself, your sense of self-value, is placed on material things. ie success, money, cars, houses etc. Take those away and then what happens? You lose a sense of self value, you lose that drive a little.. but why? It’s like believing you have the same value as something that will decay. That’s because you’re still thinking you’re just a body, or a mind that will decay. True self-belief comes from the inside, where you realize you are more than just a mind or body, we have a higher purpose of being. Then you will see and know what is your true value, and it’s not from the outside world you perceive to be real, since those are just thoughts in our minds. Knowing the truth, will set you free and show you what your true value and purpose is. That is your driving force, to exist, not to think you exist. Our sense of drive as humans comes from searching for what it is to exist, that’s why we never find it. Because we are still thinking about what it is, once you stop thinking, and starting knowing.. Then you are being, then you know what it is to exist. Human – being .. get it :D

by
by
by
by
by
by