6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Russian Federation
iDanbo says

Hi, my name is Daniel, I’m 17 years old and live in Moscow. I am really and I mean REALLY curious about how you all learned After Effects. How do you do that awesome stuff???? I tried to learn it by video tutorials like on videocopilot.net and it gave me the ability just to edit these projects. But creating them from scratch… Now that’s a problem… So, my question is where did you learn this program? Maybe there’s some kind of colledge, courses? I want to be just like you guys!

241 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Lithuania
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
rendertom says

Hi man. When I was your age I was asking the same question. Now as I look back it all happens naturally – you won’t become PRO in a year or two, but time will come. You just have to work, and work hard. Use any available source to learn, do mistakes, get mad, recreate what others have done, go crazy and do some crazy stuff – that way in few years another guy from Moscow will come to you and ask you “How did you do that”...

So, patience my comrade, patience:)

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
iDanbo says

But did you go to some courses? Or you learned After Effects all by yourself??

241 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Lithuania
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
rendertom says

For my great success I was surrounded by people who work with AE. When I was looking for a job many years ago I applied as electrician guy:) Didn’t even know what After Effects or Adobe Preview was. Once I got into meeting, they hired me as a 2D graphics guy. Don’t know shy. Life is strange sometimes.

From that moment I was surrounded by After Effects guys, so eventually, after long terms of learning, I became what I am right now.

So no, I didn’t go to any curses. All my knowledge was driven by guy with who I was working.

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
iDanbo says

I see, so you got pretty lucky with that :) You had at least someone to answer your questions in AE. Well, I hope I’ll find someone who’s a pro in AE here :) I’ll stick to him like glue :D

599 posts
  • Hungary
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
aron66 says

Hi dan. im 16 years old and started learning AE like a year ago. and I learned everything by myself and by tutorials. so keep watching AEtuts+ and Videocopilot. And if you cant figure out something, feel free to post at forum.:) Good luck on your way. ;)

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
iDanbo says

Wow, now you have a talent man! Looks like AE went easy for you :) I guess you are the best in class making school projects (or maybe in the whole school :D )

599 posts
  • Hungary
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
aron66 says

yeah, maybe im the best at the school. but unfortunately our school dont need projects like these. :( And dont give up if you work hard you will get the reward for it! :) I had some hard times too.

2251 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

work, work, work :)

201 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+4 more
Darkpulse says

Never be proud about work you have done previously, like that, you will continue to work hard every day to make better than yesterday. So work hard. Another way to learn it’s to make something from scratch every day, small things like a short 2-3 secondes animation and you’ll progress quickly.

by
by
by
by
by
by