yeah lol, I hope I go over 20 10+ :D

1012 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
wizylabs says
I second the note about doing a Wordpress version. When I first started with Envato, I was told to do a template, see how it sells then do a Wordpress version. Well, I did it backwards. I started with a Wordpress version then later released a template. Wordpress themes are what sell on Envato.

Don’t expect your first theme to buy you a car. My goal with Envato is to continually increase my sales compared to the last item I released.

Promote your work through social networks and Wordpress Theme forums. Make sure you provide very detailed setup instructions and provide quality support.

Last, just be patient. Keep releasing new items. As you release, your skills will improve and your sales will increase.

I’d wait like a weeks or so then release the wp version, and I guess for the documentation will be much easier to do a video tut?? wot do you think??

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says
I’d wait like a weeks or so then release the wp version, and I guess for the documentation will be much easier to do a video tut?? wot do you think??

Yeah, you have the luck to be a native English speaker (judging from your flag), unlike many of us. That doesn’t exclude making a written documentation, as far as I know.

367 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

I think you cant get around writing some instructions. I think a video would just be an extra.

1012 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
wizylabs says
I think you cant get around writing some instructions. I think a video would just be an extra.

Well my problem that I HATE writing documentations :D so i guess a video will be much easier as I will only have to talk and them through steps instead of writing it down.

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says
Well my problem that I HATE writing documentations :D so i guess a video will be much easier as I will only have to talk and them through steps instead of writing it down.

I see your point, but let’s imagine you’re hosting your video instructions on Snipplr or BlipTv or Vimeo. Now let’s imagine that the hosting server is down and the buyer has 1 hour to finish the website for his client. :shocked:

Another minus of videos is that they aren’t easily searchable.

3247 posts
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says

I see your point, but let’s imagine you’re hosting your video instructions on Snipplr or BlipTv or Vimeo. Now let’s imagine that the hosting server is down and the buyer has 1 hour to finish the website for his client. :shocked:

Another minus of videos is that they aren’t easily searchable.

you forget some peoples learning curve me I prefer watching videos but I have a few friends that If I handed them a video and a written document theyd watch the video and be like wtf but it they read the doc theyd be a pro if that makes sense

1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

Nobody likes writing documentation, and no one hates it more than me! But when you do it well it is worth the effort. Often good documentation results in lots of compliments, good ratings and repeat customers.

What baffles me is it always takes a lot less time than I expect. My design and development work always takes 3X longer than I plan for, but I end up documenting the entire thing in an hour or two.

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

Nobody likes writing documentation, and no one hates it more than me! But when you do it well it is worth the effort. Often good documentation results in lots of compliments, good ratings and repeat customers.

What baffles me is it always takes a lot less time than I expect. My design and development work always takes 3X longer than I plan for, but I end up documenting the entire thing in an hour or two.

Sometimes it sort of feels like you’re writing a paper for english class or something… And that quote applies.. “Once you’ve started, you’re half way done.” Start the documentation, lay out a table of contents, and fill in the blanks. You know your theme, and you’re done before you know it.

by
by
by
by
by
by