10 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Themespike says

I’m just curious how other authors deal with this. We have a few templates on ThemeForest here and we get a lot of support requests. As you can imagine, they’re all over the map. How do you do xyz? Does it work the abc plugin? Many of the questions are already answered in the included help doc.

So the question is how do you deal with this? You aren’t paid for this time, so the more service you provide the less you’re making per hour. Has anyone tried charging for support?

I like how WP Plugins (http://wpplugins.com/purchase/61/cms-members-wordpress-version ) has a higher price if you need tech support. Would something like that fly on ThemeForest?

Thanks for your opinions.

371 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
QwibbleDesigns says

You don’t have to provide support. However, you aren’t likely to get repeat buyers if you aren’t helping them out. I personally haven’t got anything up on themeforest yet, but it’s up to you what you decide is within the scope of support your going to provide.

10 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Themespike says

That’s true, you don’t have to provide support. I’m worried about comments and ratings impacting sales.

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

Although it isn’t required, I would definitely recommend providing basic support for your files.

152 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
wppowered says

Yes as people have said, you should provide some basic support for your items but anything more than basic i.e customization etc you should charge for your time. :)

118 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
LegitDesigns says
Yes as people have said, you should provide some basic support for your items but anything more than basic i.e customization etc you should charge for your time. :)

I agree. I think it should be handled like this.

by
by
by
by
by
by