516 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
SiliconWorldAD says

I got Miroslav Philharmonic as a VST plugin for FL studio to have some realistic instruments, but they sound dramatically low of quality compared to what I’ve heard from various sources on the internet and comments on this site. So how do I increase their quality or tell the program to use up more processing if it needs to?

625 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Synchrotron says

The Miroslav Philharmonik is a really old library. It was originally released for AKAIs hardware samplers back in the day some 15-20 years ago or so. I presume your are using IKs revamp of the library? Unfortunately the lack of different dynamics, round robin and sample quality makes it hard to match current day libraries.

You can do some tricks to fake changes in sound. Combine volume changes with a low pass or high pass filter to fake dynamics. Making small filter or envelope changes can also remove some of the machine gun effect your getting because of the lack of round robin.

EQ to change character of the sounds.

But to be honest, if you want better quality, you need to buy a better library.

516 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
SiliconWorldAD says

What do you recommend? Kontact or something?

625 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Synchrotron says

What do you recommend? Kontact or something?
Kontakt is just a sample player. But yes, Kontakt is pretty much standard when it comes to handling the well known libraries.

You can still make decent music with Miroslavs library. It all depends on the effort of automation and work your willing to put into it.

What are you looking for? There are so many different libraries out there such as Spitfire, ProjectSAM, Sonokinetic, 8dio and so forth.

by
by
by
by
by
by