951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

@Dfinepixel :) @Ed thanks, I suspected thats it, but not sure, because except this item, I promote in profile all other items and was just little confused for practicability this detached feature.
Yeah I know what you mean, is kinda silly actually, but I still finds it useful somehow, for example if you have items in 2 markets (GR and 3D ocean for example) you can place a 3D ocean item the featured item, if your main market is on GR, so you can attract your GR buyers to your 3Docean profile. BTW I love the word “suspected” :D
86 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
groupp says

The Review and Growth Teams select the featured authors and weekly features. It’s not something you can apply for, but having a high quality portfolio can certainly help :) Thanks!
What is the criteria to be considered? I’ve seen a lot of amazing items and authors that have never even been featured.
I’m not privy to the inner workings of the selection process, but I’m sure quality and areas that the teams want to promote would be high on the list.

Probably 99% areas they want to promote and 1% of quality. Lets be honest..

763 posts kontramax.com
  • Won a competition
+15 more
Kontramax says

Yeah I know what you mean, is kinda silly actually, but I still finds it useful somehow, for example if you have items in 2 markets (GR and 3D ocean for example) you can place a 3D ocean item the featured item, if your main market is on GR, so you can attract your GR buyers to your 3Docean profile. BTW I love the word “suspected” :D
@Giallo, what a nice idea, man, I’d previously had not thought of this crossmarket usage! But with my six markets I still need mooore places to feature :) upd: I go to change this featured item now ))
951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

@Giallo, what a nice idea, man, I’d previously had not thought of this crossmarket usage! But with my six markets I still need mooore places to feature :) upd: I go to change this featured item now ))

You sir, you need a badge just for making it through all the markets

689 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
cooledition says

This is how a featured item of the week or featured author is choosen:

Rule 1.

Give cooledition 0 chances of being chosen.

Rule 2:

Choose any random author, it doesn’t matter if he have 2 or 3 months in the marketplace and have no top selling items or have no amazing items on his portfolio.

Rule 3:

This is a conversation

Person 1: Whoever is responsible of choosing featured files and files for bundles (WIROCFFAFFB).

Person 2: Assistant

Conversation:

(WIROCFFAFFB): ok assistant, today we have to chose the featured author of the week.

Assistant: I suggest Cooledition

(WIROCFFAFFB): Sorry buddy, remember it is random, but to be honest i dont like cooledition, he complains a lot about things we do wrong.

Assistant: But sir, cooledition have a grey paw, he is a 5 stars author, have almost 3 years in the marketplace, he also won 2 envato must wanted contest, he is also the top seller author in signages category, he is top 100 author in Graphicriver and have more than 4.5k sales and he deserves it more than the random author of the last week!

(WIROCFFAFFB): Yeah, but cooledition is not random, so forget it.

END OF CONVERSATION.

So that guys is an example of how featured author of the week is chosen.

BTW. Don’t missunderstand me, i dont mean to say that im the best author here, but there a lot of featured authors of the week who deserve it less than me, and there are lots of insane authors who have the same situation than me…

So no, it is not about Quality…

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

When I used to manage, there were two types of employees: Those that needed a pat on the back, and those that didn’t.

My advice: Forget about the accolades. If they come your way, great. If they don’t, pat yourself on the back instead 8-)

78 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Xiox says

Well for the most part I get the idea that getting anything featured is by a complete random chance. I thought that maybe it had to do with putting your name in somewhere or an item, but I guess not haha. Thanks for somewhat clearing this up for me XP

1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Assistant: But sir, cooledition have a grey paw, he is a 5 stars author, have almost 3 years in the marketplace, he also won 2 envato must wanted contest, he is also the top seller author in signages category, he is top 100 author in Graphicriver and have more than 4.5k sales and he deserves it more than the random author of the last week!

Sounds to me like you don’t need a feature with all that success… Features seem to be given to up and coming authors who have growing portfolios and could do with a bit of extra promotion.

Would a feature really benefit you?

441 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+7 more
Jaynesh says

Sounds to me like you don’t need a feature with all that success… Features seem to be given to up and coming authors who have growing portfolios and could do with a bit of extra promotion.

Would a feature really benefit you?

The last few featured items have been in the Top 10 selling WordPress items. Which makes no sense at all. Does a theme that gets 300+ sales a week really need to be featured?

Reviewers need to give themes that struggle on sales a chance. I’ve seen some great themes that barely make it past 20 sells just because it doesn’t get enough exposure. There is a lot of luck involved. If you release a theme and no other themes are released in that category for the whole week, you could see 50-100 sales but if the category is flooded with another 5 items in the same day, that’s your sales gone.

1718 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+6 more
Firsh says

If you are really awesome you don’t NEED to be featured. It’s a nice bonus but it won’t make you any better consistently. Like 15 minutes of fame. Just focus on doing something properly on the long run.

BTW I think you need > 3 files to be featured.

by
by
by
by
by
by