• Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says
http://blog.flashden.net/general/1-file-2000-sales-80000/

Didn’t see that before, pretty rad. My prediction is one of Maximus’ WP themes is going to be the first to 2k on TF one of his has already hit 500+ in 4 months.

228 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
stevebluck says

I wonder if people actually use TF as their full time job. I know I’d quit my daytime job if I was getting 10k every 4 months hah!

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
scare47 says

how do you earn money from this site? i am so confused! what is 50% sales?

3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
mesaber says

Well, first you might need to change your point of view on getting paid in here =)

Ok, when you start with 40%, having a $12 html theme (considering that will be the only theme you have ever), consider it was downloaded a 1000 times in 6 months, it would make $3000 for your html theme, which you probably prepared in 4-5 days.

How many of your html pieces can you sell for $3000 each?

Now; is it less, or much?=) Not even mentioning how high your commission rate will go as your files keeps getting sold.

I totally agree with you, I didn’t upload any design yet but I sense I’ll get the best money for every design I make here. Thanks man. ;)

741 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Orbital_Themes says

Well, first you might need to change your point of view on getting paid in here =)

Ok, when you start with 40%, having a $12 html theme (considering that will be the only theme you have ever), consider it was downloaded a 1000 times in 6 months, it would make $3000 for your html theme, which you probably prepared in 4-5 days.

Now; is it less, or much?=) Not even mentioning how high your commission rate will go as your files keeps getting sold.
I totally agree with you, I didn’t upload any design yet but I sense I’ll get the best money for every design I make here. Thanks man. ;)

Why do you keep replying to these year old threads? How did you even found those?

3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
mesaber says

Why do you keep replying to these year old threads? How did you even found those?

Hey Orbital, I was just looking for some information then I found those threads, and I wanted to add my opinion. Sorry if I bothered you my friend ;).

40 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
maskeenan says

Great question! I would say it’s all about…
  • Creating quality over quantity
  • Being original
  • Continually uploading new material
  • Diversification through multiple marketplaces
  • Realizing that stock is a long term strategy, not a short term strategy
  • Don’t think that uploading your file is the end, it’s only the start – you have to use your own creative ways to market and promote your files
  • Be patient
  • Listen to your customers
  • Be different from your competitors
  • Most of all… enjoy what you do
Hope this helps! :-)

Nice suggestion…, the most I like on the suggestions above is “be patient”

610 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ChapterThemes says

It’s ridiculous what the top-selling Wordpress themes made… some sold $10,000+ and in just a few months.

That’s far from ridiculous. Themes like that take a very long time to develop and you need to keep in mind that if you calculate the work hours an author already has spend from 2000 dollars to even 5000 dollars to create the theme in the first place.

23 posts Good design is good business
  • Elite Author
  • Iceland
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
bluthemes_ says

It’s ridiculous what the top-selling Wordpress themes made… some sold $10,000+ and in just a few months.
That’s far from ridiculous. Themes like that take a very long time to develop and you need to keep in mind that if you calculate the work hours an author already has spend from 2000 dollars to even 5000 dollars to create the theme in the first place.

Hehe, this thread is so old you would have to take into account inflation to make sense of these values now :)

169 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Australia
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
visualkicks says

This is a super old thread.. but in any case…

Be prepared to feel really poor / broke and thank me later – http://marketplaces-monitor.createit.pl/

by
by
by
by
by
by