697 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Waderman says

Hi, here is a very interesting article about: The Impact of User-Generated Content on Music Sales

http://archive.nyu.edu/bitstream/2451/23783/2/CEDER-07-06.pdf
1401 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
WebSmacker says

Does anyone have experience with paid advertising? Also been able to track visits and able to see if they are purchasing?

@zozoUI – I suggest creating a landing page on your site that talks about your item with a purchase link that takes them to the marketplace. Since the ads are pointing to your site you can see much more statistics than you can with Envato. This will help you know what to change in your ads to get a higher conversion rate.

160 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
jordie says

Does anyone have experience with paid advertising? Also been able to track visits and able to see if they are purchasing?
@zozoUI – I suggest creating a landing page on your site that talks about your item with a purchase link that takes them to the marketplace. Since the ads are pointing to your site you can see much more statistics than you can with Envato. This will help you know what to change in your ads to get a higher conversion rate.
I do something like this but with redirect URLs. I still can’t see conversions but can see click-throughs. I like your idea though!

I did post a request here asking they allow us to use tracking tokens. http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/let-us-track-conversions/89155

1401 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
WebSmacker says

Sure thing! Another tip, in the Envato analytics you can see the referral link and you can look for your landing page. You should be able to see how many people came from your landing page compared to other referrals. Comparing that with your sales should be enough data to calculate some kind of conversion rate.

Good luck!!

160 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
jordie says

Sure thing! Another tip, in the Envato analytics you can see the referral link and you can look for your landing page. You should be able to see how many people came from your landing page compared to other referrals. Comparing that with your sales should be enough data to calculate some kind of conversion rate. Good luck!!

Oh man, I forgot about Envato Analytics! :S

by
by
by
by
by
by