812 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Waderman says

Hi, here is a very interesting article about: The Impact of User-Generated Content on Music Sales

http://archive.nyu.edu/bitstream/2451/23783/2/CEDER-07-06.pdf
1493 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Does anyone have experience with paid advertising? Also been able to track visits and able to see if they are purchasing?

@zozoUI – I suggest creating a landing page on your site that talks about your item with a purchase link that takes them to the marketplace. Since the ads are pointing to your site you can see much more statistics than you can with Envato. This will help you know what to change in your ads to get a higher conversion rate.

160 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
jordie says

Does anyone have experience with paid advertising? Also been able to track visits and able to see if they are purchasing?
@zozoUI – I suggest creating a landing page on your site that talks about your item with a purchase link that takes them to the marketplace. Since the ads are pointing to your site you can see much more statistics than you can with Envato. This will help you know what to change in your ads to get a higher conversion rate.
I do something like this but with redirect URLs. I still can’t see conversions but can see click-throughs. I like your idea though!

I did post a request here asking they allow us to use tracking tokens. http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/let-us-track-conversions/89155

1493 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Sure thing! Another tip, in the Envato analytics you can see the referral link and you can look for your landing page. You should be able to see how many people came from your landing page compared to other referrals. Comparing that with your sales should be enough data to calculate some kind of conversion rate.

Good luck!!

160 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
jordie says

Sure thing! Another tip, in the Envato analytics you can see the referral link and you can look for your landing page. You should be able to see how many people came from your landing page compared to other referrals. Comparing that with your sales should be enough data to calculate some kind of conversion rate. Good luck!!

Oh man, I forgot about Envato Analytics! :S

by
by
by
by
by
by