What taxes? :D

3695 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I recently researched what I had to do in relation to taxation here in holland.

Turns out that there is something called a heffingskorting, or taxation reduction (freely translated) up to 2,007 euro’s a year. As long as your total income (also other jobs ;) ) stays below this, there’s no taxation.

As I’m unemployed and living with my parents, FlashDen is my only source of income and this yaer it’ll hit below 2,007 euro’s I suppose. I’ll worry about taxation next year, but for 2009 I’m settled. :)

EDIT : I suppose it might be usefull if there would be some page where people can submit their experiences with taxation sorted by country. That would provide some clearity.

537 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says
I’ll share my story lol. I’ve got the forms from the Chamber of Commerce right in front of me as we speak.

So here’s what the Dutch Revenue Service told me: “We have no friggin clue since the money is received from outside the EU and it’s through the internet and it’s unclear what the heck you’re doing, we’re gonna have to ask an ‘international tax expert’ to look at your case and ONLY then can we decide what the hell you are supposed to pay us.”

Anyhow, Dutch law states that money received from outside of the EU is VAT free.
So what you’re saying is that because I’m a Dutch citizen, I can freely transfer my FlashDen money to my bank account? Or do I have to use Paypal? How do you do it? :o

Envato > Paypal > Account. Anything earned outside of the EU is VAT (BTW) free. YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY INCOME TAX .

HOWEVER , All of this depends on how you are registered. A freelancer is a ZZP -er (Zelfstandige Zonder Personeel) and basically you register an “Eenmanszaak”. It’s pretty complicated, the tax service told me that a foreign tax expert would have to take a look at it. SO DO NOT assume anything from me.

Correct, my accountant wasn’t sure either so i’ve arranged a meeting with him and one of there lawyers just to make sure. When i’ve got more news about this (outside EU/Dutch) tax problem then I’ll post it in here.

3695 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says
As I’m unemployed and living with my parents, FlashDen is my only source of income and this yaer it’ll hit below 2,007 euro’s I suppose. I’ll worry about taxation next year, but for 2009 I’m settled. :)
it’s always wiser to pay taxes and go big with your bussines than try to keep your income under certain limit.

I would never try to keep my income under a certain limit – it’s always more profitable to earn more – only the bit earned over the tax reduction would be taxed. ;)

1706 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I heard that if you create a foundation, and have your money transferred to it’s account number then it’s tax free. Anybody can confirm?

353 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chack says

I think IKEA does that ;)

IKEA is registred as a social foundation in holand (?), so they don’t have to pay taxes. Many Billions saved ;)

1550 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says
I think IKEA does that ;) IKEA is registred as a social foundation in holand (?), so they don’t have to pay taxes. Many Billions saved ;)

lol , then every company should do the same.

2201 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
ArikB says

Foundation…as in charity? Then there should be no profit lol.

353 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
chack says

No serios, in the Netherlands there are no rules for foundations (Heard all that stuff from a TV Show about some Companys so i don’t pay for mistakes ;) ). So IKEA are registred as a foundation, i think as charity as you say Arikb…

INGKA Holding B.V. is wholly owned by Stichting INGKA Foundation, which is a non-profit foundation registered in Leiden in the Netherlands.

2201 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
ArikB says

What does INGKA have to do with IKEA ?

It’s an actual foundation, they aren’t a commercial company.

Sie haben es nicht gewust?

by
by
by
by
by
by