3061 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Hi there, I’m hoping someone knows how to set a custom preview for an item I have for sale. I’m referring to the image shown when you mouse over the thumbnails.

I included the image when I uploaded the preview.zip but its not the default image shown. Do I need to name it something special?

Currently my image is: large_preview.jpg”>http://s3.envato.com/files/140747/preview/1_home_blue_business.large_preview.jpg

I am wanting it to be: http://s3.envato.com/files/140747/preview/preview_main.jpg

If its up to the reviewers discretion that’s cool, just want to know if we have any control over it.

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
I believe it is the first image in your screenshots you upload that is used for the preview, for example: 1_Home.jpg :)
2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Yup, just as CreatingDrew said, label them in the order you would like them to appear with the first also being the preview image.

1_imagename.jpg, 2_imagename.jpg, etc.

If you have more than 9 images you’ll want to label them as 01_imagename.jpg, 02_imagename.jpg, etc.

3061 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

great thanks! I knew it would be something simple

962 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

The 1_whatever.jpg is the main image. You would want to name the picture you want, that name with whatever being the name of the image. I recommend you read the Instructions on uploading. Also, if you did name it “1” and it wasn’t, maybe the reviewer accidentally made a mistake, so in the comments to the reviewer, just tell him what you would like. But yea just name it “1”

by
by
by
by
by
by