15 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+1 more
Base5Builder says

Hi,

I’ve released a few items on different marketplaces (only 1 on CodeCanyon) and I’m finding it increasingly difficult to track which versions I’ve release or ones I’m working on.

Is there a “version tracker” out there that I could use for my projects? I tried Tortoise SVN but that never installed properly on my system. Is there something simple I could use?

1471 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says
15 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+1 more
Base5Builder says

I use https://github.com/

Thanks for the super-fast reply. That means you are on a paid plan, right? They’re the only ones with private repositories.

584 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Located in United States Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

You don’t need GitHub to use git (git is the underlying VCS tool). You also don’t need any remote repo (GitHub), but if you want a private one to push into Bitbucket has free private repos (team collab is paid).

1471 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Thanks for the super-fast reply. That means you are on a paid plan, right? They’re the only ones with private repositories.
Yes, I pay for private repos.

As GravityDept mentioned, you can use bitbucket, it supports free private repositories.

The reason I use GitHub even though I have to pay for it is because I find that it has a better interface.

121 posts
    Located in United States Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
webfector says

As GravityDept mentioned, you can use bitbucket, it supports free private repositories.

The reason I use GitHub even though I have to pay for it is because I find that it has a better interface.

I also use GitHub on a paid plan, as I feel it has the nicest interface. :)

214 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
agusmu says

That’s true, Github web interface is better than BitBucket. But having many private repositories makes me use BitBucket for free unlimited private repositories, but I still use Github for free repositories.

But, for my daily work, I use “Github For Windows” software to manage both my Github repos and Bitbucket repos.

DistinctiveThemes
DistinctiveThemes Recent Posts Threads Started
149 posts
    Located in United Kingdom Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
DistinctiveThemes says

I just zip everything up upon release then do the same creating new zips with every version change

must learn git

15 posts
+1 more
Base5Builder says

Thanks! I’ll definitely check out Bitbucket.

15 posts
+1 more
Base5Builder says

I just zip everything up upon release then do the same creating new zips with every version change must learn git

LOL! Same thing I do… and I’m going crazy.

by
by
by
by
by
by