12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
rehannasim says

i want to submit a wordpress theme on themeforest.I have a new idea .I haven’t seen such theme before anywhere on the internet.The idea is new and creative.But how i can know that this idea will be accepted by themeforest team.Like if complete the whole theme and i came to know that it is not good enough to be accepted.This will be a waste of time.I know starting with a psd templete is good.is there any other way i can make it sure that my idea is good enough to be selected? As far as i think i should just submit a psd first and try to approve it.

3160 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

If it has been done somewhere before there is a good chance that someone here will be able to tell you.

PSD first can help BUT you still have to get the coding right and execute it right into a theme.

You can ask for community opinion as you go and as long as you conform to best practice you should be ok but at the end of the day selling in a market like this takes investment and commitment in time and effort. Even the best here had to start somewhere.

900 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

There is no such thing as a new idea so don’t worry if it turns out as like it is a copy, it’s natural and it happens a lot.

Just don’t copy on purpose and you’re fine.

And don’t hesitate to post it in Item Discussion forum to get some feedback.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
rehannasim says

Hmm.The idea is unique .i cann’t share it because you people might steal it.

512 posts
AlexFjord says

First off I highly doubt anyone is going to come up with something genuinely valuable and truly unique that the wealth of experienced pros on here has not seen before.

However I am prepared to be proved wrong and if I am then you should have nothing to worry about with it being sellable (unless it is a bad idea or you are not comfortable coding it).

Bottom line – eventually you will have to share it when it comes to review and if you are not happy to do so prior then you really have no choice but to create it and see what happens.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
rehannasim says

no it is secret .Please.

512 posts
AlexFjord says

Fair enough – it’s your choice to keep it secret in which case you have no alternative but to make the effort to create it, share it for review (don’t worry they won’t steal the idea) and hope it gets accepted.

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
rehannasim says

thanks

12 posts
  • Exclusive Author
rehannasim says

Last year when i was in 8th grade ,my best friend stole my idea and got better marks than me in computer assigment.Look i have to be very very careful with my ideas.I am using my elder brothers account.This is not my account.

149 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
GraphiTivity says

In the virtual world is full of surprises!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by