8 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
HouseofKouture says

Hello everyone:] well I’m new to this site and I was wondering how long it took you Before you started getting sales? What tricks do you use to help promote your items on Twitter, facebook etc etc?

1730 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
SamBerson says

+1

388 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Portugal
Dfinepixel says

I posted my first item and in the first hour i got a sale (because it was displayed in the main page), sadly it was the only sale i got, and i did spread it tho twitter/g+/behance.. I dont think that it does as much effect as some think it does, the best way to promote your itens is to actually have a good library already, so when someone checks one and likes it, he will likely check your other itens. Goodluck mate! :)

339 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
kevinhamil says

I dont think that it does as much effect as some think it does, the best way to promote your itens is to actually have a good library already, so when someone checks one and likes it, he will likely check your other items.

I tend to agree on that.. twitter, FB, etc… really are only effective 1) if you actually have a good following (ie. 50 followers vs 10000 followers), and 2) if your followers are like minded people with similar interests in you line of product. For me, I don’t really have a huge following and most of my followers are just friends and family anyway. So when I tweet something it has a minimal effect.

Having said that, you can create an entire social circle of people that do want to see your product and know what you’re working on, that will likely be returning customers. So I think setting up “business” social accounts is a good idea, but this may take some time AND will depend on the quality of your products.

As it’s been said many many times in other threads about self-promotion.. you can simply setup a personal/business blog and gain viewers/customers that way. As your site becomes more popular = more traffic = more people following your social networks, etc…

These are things I still need to do myself :P Good Luck.

388 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
Dfinepixel says

Exactly, for example i have over 1800 followers in Twitter, but over 95% i bet they arent even from this Graphic Design area, so it loses all interest right there, hell some of them are even of those “follow me and i follow you back” even thought i dont actually follow anyone. So yeah, if you want to spread this kind of product, you can forget Twitter and Facebook, and better focus on the Social Media related to this (ie Behance, Devianart). If you dont have any Facebook or Twitter account and want to do to promote itens, my advice is dont waste your time. :)

1157 posts
  • Brazil
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
RafaelOliveira says

I have some experience here and I had experimented with several social networks.
As far as I know from my results, is that DeviantART is the best site to share your items, it has payed all the “hard” work I put on it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by