437 posts here for love
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
nCrafts says

I think it’s all about the quality and how advanced it is. I spend more than 3 months on my first plugin. Because it was my first plugin, but also it’s very advanced with a lot of features. Since the release I am working on it like forever. It was listed in popular items from the first month. But now its in the top 10 popular items since a month ago. If you want your item to be listed in the popular items, it will require a lot time and hard work. Definitely more than a few weeks.

I agree. Iteration requires more work than creation.

111 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Sandi says

I made the first jQuery plugins using my actionscript files (ActiveDen items) as a base and even after that it took > 3 months to make it perfect. Also HOW-TO files take a huge part of the time, but pay back is also huge, only 2-3 real questions from buyers per 100 sales.

So, its hard to believe that creation of any useful / high demand / bugles plugin can take couple of days/weeks.

3 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
Frenkz says

I only have 1 plugin yet and its not in the popular items list but it took me about 200 hours to complete it.

63 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
sanisoft says

So, its hard to believe that creation of any useful / high demand / bugles plugin can take couple of days/weeks.

Depends on what functionality you are building, it is the idea and its utility – one of my plugin is something very simple (and just $7) but sells more than 20 copies almost every week. Was created in less than 50 hours

5888 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Depends on what functionality you are building, it is the idea and its utility – one of my plugin is something very simple (and just $7) but sells more than 20 copies almost every week. Was created in less than 50 hours

Both of you guys are speaking about different plugins. The server end and front end plugins differ in the way of testing and the level of user interaction. Especially when it comes to front end (and visual, interaction targetted), optimizing DOM access, performance and memory management can take forever – with repeating sandwich of design-code-test. You may start the project with one robust hierarchy of element arrangement and end with different hierarchy to achieve performance across multiple browsers / devices.

713 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

It depends on the size of the project. I’ve done FontPress in three/four days .. while for the huge Global Gallery I worked for 7 weeks

by
by
by
by
by
by