64 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
CodeBotics says

I’m a WordPress developer and it can take me from a couple of days up to a couple of weeks to create a WordPress theme, depending on the complexity.

I’m interested to know the average time it takes other WP developers to make a theme good enough to be accepted here on ThemeForest, so how long does it take you?

I look forward to hearing your responses!

921 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

This is kinda like “how long is a piece of string?”...

In general it can take me anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks to develop a new theme (and I’m sure I could put together a theme quicker if I needed to, but so much of that time goes into considering what the market wants and making design decisions… it’s not all just technical coding stuff)... but that’s using a code library and a set of templates that’s taken years and years to develop and refine… so it’s tricky to really give a straight answer on this one.

Hope that hazy answer helps though!

64 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
CodeBotics says

Yeah it is a bit like that, presumably a $45 theme takes longer to design and program than a $30 theme.

I was hoping to get an idea of how long it takes for most people on here to finish a theme, days vs weeks vs months, so your answer was helpful, thanks!

43 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Rachata says

Creating own framework and bundle takes 6-12 months.

Using other frameworks or bundle (slider rev , pages builder, ...) take 1 weak+ to learn how it works.

But pure design takes 1-3 weaks.

I think designer has advantages over programmer in TF.

by
by
by
by
by
by