767 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
outandouter says

Hey all,

So, I actually decided to give the Adobe Certified Expert Exam for Adobe Flash. I was just wondering, how many Certified Experts can I find here? I would like to know a practical example of how becoming an ACE has helped you.

Thanks!

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

The real question is.. how many successful as devs have that. I think no one looses time with that thing. :)

205 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
tahadaf says

waste of time! you don’t need a certification for being a good flash developer! the work quality will talk for itself.

1657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+2 more
flashedge says

I was wondering the same thing. I think those Adobe Certified gaga are meant to enable you to teach others. Learning by doing was the best school for me so far. :)

4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Well i am ACI ….But you need to ask you self why do you need it at first place ? Also that title certification is good only for the version you take the test so you need to update your self all the time something that is very overwrought if you really need it on each new version .

Most people that i see taking the test come from a solid job place and they get this as a bounce or as upgrade from there work place, mostly when the work place need to upgrade there flash worker on a new flash version or new AS version so you can learn all this in a very intensive course that will take about 3 month and its save money for everyone .other then that i don’t see much use of it ,because not like the real world flash is about skills and not about title certification, unless its imported for you that in some places ACE get discount on Adobe products :P. Or you are looking on the teaching flash level work something that take a lot of time but it’s a great way of living with out doing much and super high rate par our :P

8122 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

I was tempted to do this, really tempted but I can’t really see it making a difference and having to resit every two years would also be really annoying… :x

3868 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
flashjunkie says
I was wondering the same thing. I think those Adobe Certified gaga are meant to enable you to teach others. Learning by doing was the best school for me so far. :)

Yep, and i intend to do the same with AS3 , throw myself in at the deepend so to speak, im going to build a full featured site template and learn as i go… then delete the template and build one thats better :P lol

767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
outandouter says

Ahan. So, wouldn’t it even help me in getting, maybe a good job or something?

4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says
Ahan. So, wouldn’t it even help me in getting, maybe a good job or something?

I don’t think it will help you find a job.

Its really helpful if you go in to the teaching level, still ACE are not qualified to teach but many instituting take ACE teacher because there is a big short of ACI instructor, i know ACE can get between $60 up to $120 par hour but its up to the country instituted you are in. I know some guys in the Uk and in the USA that make around a $150 par hour which is nice and they are ACE ,but really this sector is going down in popularity only because less and less take flash courses this days

2509 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says
Yep, and i intend to do the same with AS3 , throw myself in at the deepend so to speak, im going to build a full featured site template and learn as i go… then delete the template and build one thats better :P lol

Thats how I did it ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by