• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
johnnybd says

It’s something that intrigues me quite a lot, is there any statistics regarding the pages people go through? an average for instance? Do buyers go through the first page or two in After Effects projects? do they go through the first two in the whole Videohive stock?

Maybe the average is actually pages 15 and 16, while a few makes it all the way to 20 and the other few stops at page 10 – 11 ?

Would love to hear your opinions / ideas / personal experiences …

DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
408 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Belgium
DsignProductions says

I think that if you search something specific you spend a lot of time to find the right project.

280 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
johnnybd says

I think that if you search something specific you spend a lot of time to find the right project.
+1 True, but a lot of buyers just go through the new items and buy projects mostly because they’re new, as an example, take a screenshot today of Page 2 in After Effects Projects and then Page 87 in the same category, Now wait for a day till Page 2 becomes 3 and 87 becomes 88. Compare the numbers and you’ll see there were more sales in Page 2 than in Page 87… The question is on what page do your average buyers usually “stop” ?
90 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
comeero says

If they are just browsing I guess they stop after page 2 or maybe 3. If they are looking for something specific I guess they enter some keywords and change the sort order to “sales” or “rating” because the most popular items are mostly the good ones.

So my opinion is if you do not have goods sells in the beginning it’s going to be quit hard afterwards.

by
by
by
by
by
by