158 posts (-_(-_-(-_-)-_-)_-)
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Skywarrior says

Seem like the majority of people have about 3 sources of income. Depending on how much your making you should be able to live comfortable. I think that if your a full time freelancer the only way to survive is to have multiple income.

If you want to make a living as an author you should be aiming to sell around 30~ WP themes a week, depending of the country obviously but if you live in europe/usa then thats the minimum number you should be aiming for. Lets suppose worst case scenario of you earning only 50%:

45×25x0.5: thats 562$ a week around 2250$ a month so its not a bad starting salary. If you think about it, its not that hard if you have 2-3 themes :)

255 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
PersianArt says

already my income is here and it can continue until I became frustrated from my new items rejection. :)

86 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
roshaneingram says

Seem like the majority of people have about 3 sources of income. Depending on how much your making you should be able to live comfortable. I think that if your a full time freelancer the only way to survive is to have multiple income.

If you want to make a living as an author you should be aiming to sell around 30~ WP themes a week, depending of the country obviously but if you live in europe/usa then thats the minimum number you should be aiming for. Lets suppose worst case scenario of you earning only 50%:

45×25x0.5: thats 562$ a week around 2250$ a month so its not a bad starting salary. If you think about it, its not that hard if you have 2-3 themes :)

That was simply explained I hadn’t even thought of it that way. Making that a month I live in Canada and in Toronto that’s better than working full time and getting paid minimum wage.

255 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
PersianArt says

but when theme has sale good, some of authors has only 1 item here and compete with author that has +40 item. :)

also when sale percent increase to 70% then situation will be better

davidhollandsworth
davidhollandsworth Recent Posts Threads Started
59 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
davidhollandsworth says

I have a home business digitizing old stuff (records, tapes, 8-tracks, videos, photos, slides, etc). Recently I joined roughly 12 royalty-free sites to see how well my music might sell in the next 6 months or so. If I could sell $500/week I would be thrilled!

129 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
WebDraft says
  1. Freelance – 60%
  2. Own Projects – 25 %
  3. Envato – 15%
441 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
Jaynesh says

I’m not here for the money. I just want that envato tshirt and delicious vegemite :p

6029 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I’m not here for the money. I just want that envato tshirt and delicious vegemite :p

Better try vegemite right now and change the goals! :D Example: TimTam

308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
BrianCoyDesign says

I’m the king of A.D.D. secondary income. My main job provides for my life. Most of my secondary income is based on what I’m doing in the here and now. Including the marketplaces I tend to always have something going on related to ART or freelance opportunities.

I honestly like to Barter my skills for things I’m interested in.

8281 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

I do try to look after myself, I’m currently trying to work full time freelance but it’s so hard trying to juggle everything. The reason I do so much is due to lack of money I might work every hour possible but I still don’t have any money left at the end of the month.

then I think you need to increase your rates or stop having caviar for breakfast ;):D

by
by
by
by
by
by