86 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Canada
roshaneingram says

Actually 3 but only two of them i really like :)

Work week:
1 – Regular job (15 – 17 hours/day)
2 – Envato – AudioJungle (4 hours/day)
// yes, sometimes i dont sleep at all //

Weekend – saturday:
1 – Envato (10-20 hours/day)
2 – Live Sound Ingeneering (sometimes the whole weekend)

Weekend – sunday
1 – Wishing i was dead (24 hours/day) :D

LOL

Pavel “CHA!”

that’s crazy

75 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United Kingdom
drudoran says

I’ve worked as a freelance designer/animator/composer for 15 years now. Started selling AE templates through Videohive in 2009, started selling music through Audiojungle around the same time.

I also have some personal music projects which I sell through iTunes, Amazon etc.

And on top of that, I run a few creative focused websites that generate some income.

I did pretty well in the first few months at Videohive/Audiojungle, and I thought sales would just fade away as the markets got saturated. But surprisingly projects and music that I uploaded in 2009 are still selling. I’ve built up my portfolio on here a little more (more in audio than ae) over the past few years, but it’s now providing about a quarter of my overall income.

The way things are still selling from 4 years ago makes me think I should have taken a punt 4 years ago and just created content for a year.

But at the same time, if all I did was make my own content, it would start to become a drag – just like anything you do day in, day out. Once something becomes routine, it loses its appeal to me.

I think, when you get inspired to do something, make it and upload it, but dont force it because you’ll probably start to lose interest and creativity. That’s the reason I have quite a few different streams of income – keeps life interesting.

831 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
YD-LABS says

GR+CM

86 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Canada
roshaneingram says

I’ve worked as a freelance designer/animator/composer for 15 years now. Started selling AE templates through Videohive in 2009, started selling music through Audiojungle around the same time.

I also have some personal music projects which I sell through iTunes, Amazon etc.

And on top of that, I run a few creative focused websites that generate some income.

I did pretty well in the first few months at Videohive/Audiojungle, and I thought sales would just fade away as the markets got saturated. But surprisingly projects and music that I uploaded in 2009 are still selling. I’ve built up my portfolio on here a little more (more in audio than ae) over the past few years, but it’s now providing about a quarter of my overall income.

The way things are still selling from 4 years ago makes me think I should have taken a punt 4 years ago and just created content for a year.

But at the same time, if all I did was make my own content, it would start to become a drag – just like anything you do day in, day out. Once something becomes routine, it loses its appeal to me.

I think, when you get inspired to do something, make it and upload it, but dont force it because you’ll probably start to lose interest and creativity. That’s the reason I have quite a few different streams of income – keeps life interesting.

I like this. You make a good point because I’m the same way sometimes. Doing the same thing over and over makes it hard to focus. But for me if I was to code for 2 hours then design for the next 2 hours I find I get more done in those 2 hours than if i was to just code for 4 hours instead.

412 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says

Multiple – dont put all your eggs in one basket. :)

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
StencilMedia says

I have accounts on all the major stock marketplaces. I mainly sell motion graphics stuff as I’m not good enough to make decent AE projects at the moment, and I don’t have much of a portfolio, so I mainly just use the residual income from that to buy assets I need for freelance projects… music, AE files, stock footage etc.

I do a lot of work on Elance though… motion graphics, vfx, post production etc. And then I have a few offline clients that I do work for in the States and the UK.

I keep meaning to put aside a good two weeks or so to design a killer AE project that I can sell on here, but I never quite get round to it. Doing a days work and getting paid a decent rate for it is great, but going to bed and waking up with more money than you had when you went to sleep… well, that’s just fantastic!

75 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United Kingdom
drudoran says

I like this. You make a good point because I’m the same way sometimes. Doing the same thing over and over makes it hard to focus. But for me if I was to code for 2 hours then design for the next 2 hours I find I get more done in those 2 hours than if i was to just code for 4 hours instead.

I used to code a lot more as well as design – like when I handled website design & build, or flash design and actionscripting, but these days, constantly switching between creative thinking and logical thinking can get a bit taxing, using one side of the brain and then the other makes my head hurt, so I’m trying to stick to the creative side now and I do feel much happier.

It’s difficult getting the work balance right because it’s difficult to turn down jobs, but it’s good for the soul.

86 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Canada
roshaneingram says

I used to code a lot more as well as design – like when I handled website design & build, or flash design and actionscripting, but these days, constantly switching between creative thinking and logical thinking can get a bit taxing, using one side of the brain and then the other makes my head hurt, so I’m trying to stick to the creative side now and I do feel much happier.

It’s difficult getting the work balance right because it’s difficult to turn down jobs, but it’s good for the soul.

Your right it can get stressful. Because sometime I might be coding and I think of a design for something else. So I’ll stop coding and sketch down my design before I forget it. Sometimes it’s hard to switch back to coding after that. I guess it’s just about what works best I’ll always try to take a day off and no design or code anything at all. That also helps.

by
by
by
by
by
by