15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
dexthemes says

Hi everybody, I would like to know how many years of experience in web design or graphic design did you have before submit your themes to themeforest?

I had nothing of experience when I started to create a template for themeforest some months ago, and I am trying to get approved a couple of items but I can not get a good quality of my design yet after these months of working on my template, I’m discouraged for that

I don’t know if its because I have nothing of the necessary to be a good designer or is missing experience, so I would like to know about you

here is a template that was rejected a month ago, demo

thanks(sorry for my English)

2206 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

It’s pretty good for your first theme. I think you just need to find your style which takes time.

I have been doing graphic design and web for about 20 years and still learning.

Cheers

Lester

228 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
corethemes says

After studying computer engineering for about 4 years (only 1 semester of web design though), I have been working for about 3.5 years as a web designer / developer.

The last 2 years, and after a 6 month period of Themeforest rejections, I finally got in ;-)

About your demo, you’re getting there! It’s not half bad, you just need to find your tone (as mafloral said) and practice!

Some tips: Typography is a huge issue, and most new authors struggle with it. Colors are a bit blinding, try more subtle ones. Spacing and alignment is quite good overall, but erratic in some places (ex. the menu items have more padding top than bottom)

Good luck and don’t give up, friend!!! :D

42 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
bootstrapguru says

I am sure , you can take inspiration from me. I dont mean that I am too good but with a little experience I made into themeforest. I worked as a developer for 8 months after my graduation ( nothing really taught during) , I have checked into designing . I am still new to the designer part but I could get into themeforest . I have 2 items approved on themeforest and almost 7 items rejected same on themeforest. I would say dont give up , I tried for more than 7 months without giving up and finally I made it.

Good luck bro, you can make it, and its good your first theme is not really bad :)

15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
dexthemes says

thanks for sharing your experiences mafloral, corethemes, bootstrapguru, and thanks for the tips that help me a lot

by
by
by
by
by
by