820 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Flinzar says

I was just wondering how much does a good Programmer earn in average annually? Do you know anyone who earn like that?

3544 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

It depends on each country of course .. in my country, a good programmer earns around $35000 / year, while the average salary is somewhere around $6000 / year

1093 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
lifwanian says

...while the average salary is somewhere around $6000 / year

$6,000, or 60,000?

I wouldn’t really ask this question, since the answer will be very broad. If you’d like, you can check out the Rockable Press documents – they have a few describing the average world wide and in the US for developers, designers, etc…

+10 more
KrownThemes says

...while the average salary is somewhere around $6000 / year

$6,000, or 60,000?

I wouldn’t really ask this question, since the answer will be very broad. If you’d like, you can check out the Rockable Press documents – they have a few describing the average world wide and in the US for developers, designers, etc…

$6000 :)

1093 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
lifwanian says

That’s insane.. Here I could see that, but overall.. I don’t think I could even survive with a salary triple that amount.. I do like my Whiskey fine tho :P

That does bring us to the previous point on how different average salaries and costs of living will range between countries…

+10 more
KrownThemes says

That does bring us to the previous point on how different average salaries and costs of living will range between countries…

Of course .. cost of living is essential when discussing salaries. Can you buy a nice house for $200K in the USA ? :) of course there are a lot of people who earn more than that(6K) (IT/Law/some part of the Business industry, etc..), but a lot of people also earn less(salesman, industry workers & all industries which depend on the state: Teachers, Doctors, etc..) .. so when you do an average(i’m not taking into discussion all the rich people who are at the top of the food chain) i guess $6000-$9000 / year is pretty correct.

We live in a crazy country when it comes to economics and politics. But it’s a really nice one otherwise :)

509 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
5p1r17 says

I know some programmers. Their salary around 2000-3000$. Official average salary in our country is 900$ brutto:) That means, real average salary is way lower…

820 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Flinzar says

I know some programmers. Their salary around 2000-3000$. Official average salary in our country is 900$ brutto:) That means, real average salary is way lower…

Per month or per year?

509 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
5p1r17 says

All numbers per month of course

3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

It depends on each country of course .. in my country, a good programmer earns around $35000 / year, while the average salary is somewhere around $6000 / year

Wow, I didn’t realise the average salary was slacking behind so much still, compared to European averages :o

Here in Holland the average income is €34.600/y (or when including the unemployed and students, €22.000/y). Programmers or system admins in a moderately large IT department generally earn around €45.000/y here. Source 1 and 2.

by
by
by
by
by
by