(Locked) How much do you charge clients for creating a website using a WordPress Theme?

3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

For a comlete website based on wordpress, no matter 1 or 10 pages, with or without pictures: about 200 US

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
weblusive says

As I can see your whole website (http://theoxfordgroup.com/) is created on a template bought on themeforest :) As of your question about rates…it really depends on various factors like economy situation, type of client, etc… For example, we always make discounts for NGOs, startups with little financing and some other cases. The cost of website you described would start from $2000. For reference, We are a Los Angeles based company.

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
edge123 says

For a comlete website based on wordpress, no matter 1 or 10 pages, with or without pictures: about 200 US
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I even do SEO for them and domainname and hosting. Service is around the clock 7 days a week. After reading some of these post, i think i undercharge my clients. I use ready made templates, sometimes heavely modified, but still i charge the same amount. Eve for a webshop, i build them with Prestashop, i charge max 400 US, complete everything in it. One time i did fill the webshop with 800 products, including pictures for this price. I am starting to feel a bit stupid and giving my clients a litle bit to much service for free….

240 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
rarepearldesign says

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I even do SEO for them and domainname and hosting. Service is around the clock 7 days a week. After reading some of these post, i think i undercharge my clients. I use ready made templates, sometimes heavely modified, but still i charge the same amount. Eve for a webshop, i build them with Prestashop, i charge max 400 US, complete everything in it. One time i did fill the webshop with 800 products, including pictures for this price. I am starting to feel a bit stupid and giving my clients a litle bit to much service for free….

No offense, but you think? What do you get out of the deal $0.50/hr?

That’s TOO low buddy. I know some people will always do it as cheap as they can because they want the clients, but that is not helping you get ahead at all.

Start off slowly, next job you get…double/triple the price and/or make some of the extras you do extra fees.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
corizzo says

Very interesting thread. and much appreciated. I started working with WP in September and charge around $350 for my time, not including hosting. I felt it was fair because I am teaching myself. I work for small businesses and churches in my town, trying to pull them into modern times. I see now that I’m about where I should be. With more education, I’ll charge more.

Again, thank you for the discussion.

9 posts
edge123 says

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

No offense, but you think? What do you get out of the deal $0.50/hr?

That’s TOO low buddy. I know some people will always do it as cheap as they can because they want the clients, but that is not helping you get ahead at all.

Start off slowly, next job you get…double/triple the price and/or make some of the extras you do extra fees.

I know, i will charge more. I just delivered a website and everybody is telling my client that the website is very nice. I just used a template and tweaked it a little. What would you charge for a website like this: http://www.jo-diveaventure.com It is not completly finished, some small things…

1 post
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
LuCaniTy says

where can I hire a reputable developer online? I need a plug in done that allow user to log in upload a photo and some text and display the content in a mobile format form.

Thanks

14 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
karol00 says
I think they just use very cheap workers who work very quickly. There are very talented coders in countries like India, Philippines, Ukraine, etc., where the salaries are lower than in the US or Australia. If they can code an HTML page in 8 hours at $5-10/hr, that’s $40-80, when the customer pays $150, that’s a nice profit margin. Even more profitable if they can find workers at the lower end of that salary range or if they can do it in less time (I notice they charge $19 extra for IE6 compatibility).
I live in Costa Rica and I was once in an job interview on one of the most popular psd to html companies. They offer me $800 per month (max). That’s like $4.5 per hour. I can imagine it gets a lot cheaper in other countries. Here that salary is good for a student or a begginer I guess, but too low for someone with experience.
9 posts
edge123 says

I think they just use very cheap workers who work very quickly. There are very talented coders in countries like India, Philippines, Ukraine, etc., where the salaries are lower than in the US or Australia. If they can code an HTML page in 8 hours at $5-10/hr, that’s $40-80, when the customer pays $150, that’s a nice profit margin. Even more profitable if they can find workers at the lower end of that salary range or if they can do it in less time (I notice they charge $19 extra for IE6 compatibility).
I live in Costa Rica and I was once in an job interview on one of the most popular psd to html companies. They offer me $800 per month (max). That’s like $4.5 per hour. I can imagine it gets a lot cheaper in other countries. Here that salary is good for a student or a begginer I guess, but too low for someone with experience.

But in Europe most people they have a little bit of fear to work with the people from India, etc. I have 1 client who had some work done in India and i had to do it over again.. There is most of the times a language barrier

8279 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

But in Europe most people they have a little bit of fear to work with the people from India, etc. I have 1 client who had some work done in India and i had to do it over again.. There is most of the times a language barrier

either that or they do a bad job or miss the deadlines…

I’ve had a few clients come back to me after i’ve lost the bid asking me to do it as they’re ‘el-cheapo’ has messed up… you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

by
by
by
by
by
by