(Locked) How much do you charge clients for creating a website using a WordPress Theme?

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
pkluong says

How much would one get charged with the only thing they needed was to have someone edit a theme that almost has everything they want except just a few more additions?

741 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

How much would one get charged with the only thing they needed was to have someone edit a theme that almost has everything they want except just a few more additions?

It depends on the additions…

11 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
rukcs says

A website with a ready template should not exceed $1000, no matter what additions the customer want.

A web application should cost $3000 and UP.. I have done a .net web application for about 4000 then it was sold for $100,000. I know I was a graduate noob :)

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
sydneycraig says

where are you (or your clients) based rukcs?

$1000 would be well under for australian clients for me.

a premium theme, modified with a child theme (css and images and perhaps a couple of php changes) would cost around AU$2-2500

11 posts
rukcs says

I’m in Jordan, my clients are everywhere :)

a 2000 for premium theme with PHP modifications seems legitimate

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
sydneycraig says

Even without I think is reasonable and I know many who charge more in oz … I offer free support and don’t charge for small updates and fixes and charging $2k plus allows this … Clients seem perfectly happy with the price after shopping around … People charging 1k are those who mess things up and offer no support … Their clients ultimately become mine …

11 posts
rukcs says

Cool.. Wish you the best bro

3446 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

3 year old thread?

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
d3vin says

Even without I think is reasonable and I know many who charge more in oz … I offer free support and don’t charge for small updates and fixes and charging $2k plus allows this … Clients seem perfectly happy with the price after shopping around … People charging 1k are those who mess things up and offer no support … Their clients ultimately become mine …

Fun part about this industry is the more nice you are, the more client you get. and i will charge the same price around 2k-3k if its not e-commerce. in fact client not also buying my time, i’m more charging for the time that i spend google research and build my knowledge all this year. :superbashfulcute:

3 year old thread?

If thread about money wise, we’re so active…. :P

3 posts
michiganmade says

Hi tonvie, I’m wondering if you could contact us for a project? michigan-made.com/contact Thanks!

I’m located in Ohio. I do everything on your list except provide 3 designs. Only once has a client not been happy with the initial design (thank God). I know I should be charging more and I’ll be doing that starting this year…but currently I get 2-3k for what you’re describing. I suppose I can do that since I work from home and expenses are minimal. But I do barely scrape by ;)

I almost never go hourly, I just figure it’s a harder sell. Sometimes I get screwed, sometimes not. The more I get used to skinning themes and Wordpress itself, the easier it gets. What has been taking 2 weeks to finish a site, I’m trying to get it down to a week.

Great thread :) Unfortunately I think mostly the authors, not the users, utilize these forums!
by
by
by
by
by
by