• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says

Anyway, to answer your question, I use THIS *, standard plan. Pretty good, satisfied until now (been with them for 6 months). Like it that they don’t restrict many Cpanel features.

Been with them for three or four times your time, and I’ve never been disappointed. Prices are good, plans are good, support is superb, my site has never gone down, they are the sex!

707 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
ChillThemes says
Been with them for three or four times your time, and I’ve never been disappointed. Prices are good, plans are good, support is superb, my site has never gone down, they are the sex!

I just signed up with that THIS * yesterday, so far so good! I previously had MediaTemple’s grid service, which is nice as well, but they’re a little more expensive and I wasn’t sure I could justify paying that much per month.

29 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
JayWood says

What ever you do, stay away from 1&1 web hosting. They’re terrible. I was with them for over 4 years and the only reason I didn’t move was the hassle of domain transfers. The only good thing I can say about them is if you get the VPS service, you have free roam over your server, at least more than a shared plan.

Expect to pay anywhere between 6 and 20 USD monthly for most servers. Also, most hosts are now advertising the “Free year” or free this or that. I say look into the contract prior to signing and see what FREE actually stands for. I however have Justhost, though somewhat new and a crappy cpanel filled with ads, it will do for the next year or so.

2441 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
digitalimpact says
I get Unlimited everything. Space, Bandwidth, Databases, etc.

That’s what you think…

It doesn’t matter where you’re hosted, webhosting is not unlimited. As soon as you’ll pass a certain threshold, you’ll be contacted to “upgrade” your account :)

Good luck with that ;)

137 posts Ahoy, me Hearties!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
ChrisMooney says

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I’ve had bad hosts in the past to the extent it was hurting my income. I now host with LiquidWeb on a VPS for $65 a month. Their support is awesome, and the server has only been down an hour in 2 years (I got a discount that month).

413 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
altinkum says
i use 1and1 not good for wordpress but once you fire stuff out its really good and fast :D

agree but 1and1.co.uk not any good so go for 1and1.com because better price more features ;)

359 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
jjjrmy says
I get Unlimited everything. Space, Bandwidth, Databases, etc.

That’s what you think…

It doesn’t matter where you’re hosted, webhosting is not unlimited. As soon as you’ll pass a certain threshold, you’ll be contacted to “upgrade” your account :)

Good luck with that ;)

Well obviously it isn’t UNLIMITED . I mean, there is a certain virtual space to physical space ratio. If that makes any sense. It is Unlimited*, according to their ToS policy. Like, I couldn’t host Facebook on their plan. I would need to buy a Dedicated server. Well if it was really Facbook, I would need to buy a lot more, but you get what I’m saying.

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

I’ve been with BlueHost for nrealy 3 years now and the ‘unlimited’ feature of theirs is actually true.

Apart from the loading time sucking sometimes the support is awesome.

TO be honest once I crossed the 50,000 files (I have a image hosting service on the server lol) they cntacted me to say that they would disable my account if I didnt… well I did delete a couple of thousand and just ignored them… now I have 120,000 files with no probs :)

I pay 7,95/month on a yearly contract… pretty reasonable for me

359 posts
  • Exclusive Author
jjjrmy says
I’ve been with BlueHost for nrealy 3 years now and the ‘unlimited’ feature of theirs is actually true.

Apart from the loading time sucking sometimes the support is awesome.

TO be honest once I crossed the 50,000 files (I have a image hosting service on the server lol) they cntacted me to say that they would disable my account if I didnt… well I did delete a couple of thousand and just ignored them… now I have 120,000 files with no probs :)

I pay 7,95/month on a yearly contract… pretty reasonable for me

Some hosting companies don’t allow sites like that. It really depends. Personally, I would want a place that doesn’t allow that because it makes your service better.

I know a place Fatcow.com or something where you can do that, and it is really cheap. But I have a feeling the service is crap.

1182 posts
  • Exclusive Author
campolar says

Unlimited doesn’t exist…

Can you upgrade your workstation to unlimited disk space? Probably not…

So, get something which sounds real!

I use the standard plan from hawkhost: http://www.hawkhost.com/

All is going great till now, been more than 6 months

by
by
by
by
by
by