498 posts uouapps
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

@RubenBristian exactly.

@uouapps. You guys need to understand that in real life there are people who wouldn’t even get out of the bed without $300 (or more) and people who would literally do anything (kill, get killed, etc) for the same amount of money. Just because some are more successful in life it doesn’t mean we need to blame them for their success.

If you guys would be backlogged for the next 3 months on a $15/h price, wouldn’t you try to double that and see if you can still get 2 weeks ahead reserved? It’s a simple example.

It’s all about how good you are and how much you value your own free time.

Of course at a point there’s also a difference in geo-location, because somebody from Somalia (no offense intended) or even Romania as myself would live a long extremely happy life with $15/h 8h/day, somebody from England with the same wage would eat fries for the rest of his life.

thanks for your comment, allow me to share my pov: i slightly disagree on one aspect of what you just wrote above, There are many professionals out there but there’s currently a lack of real Talent, so regardless from your geographical location the industry is dictating the remuneration terms that’s why in Eastern Europe you can find an engineer being paid less than 900 euros per month while a skilled programmer can be earning more 2500 euros per month.

but still 9K for an html coder is far too much (I’m still curious to see what did this person do) and believe me we’re making Simplerain a favor here to inform him that the price is quite high.

but anyway, the purpose of this thread was to get a sort of benchmark of the salaries you guys are paying your developers as authors (for those who employ coders/developpers)

Cheers Thanks again for sharing your view

UOU Apps

219 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
NuclearThemes says

@RubenBristian exactly.

@uouapps. You guys need to understand that in real life there are people who wouldn’t even get out of the bed without $300 (or more) and people who would literally do anything (kill, get killed, etc) for the same amount of money. Just because some are more successful in life it doesn’t mean we need to blame them for their success.

If you guys would be backlogged for the next 3 months on a $15/h price, wouldn’t you try to double that and see if you can still get 2 weeks ahead reserved? It’s a simple example.

It’s all about how good you are and how much you value your own free time.

Of course at a point there’s also a difference in geo-location, because somebody from Somalia (no offense intended) or even Romania as myself would live a long extremely happy life with $15/h 8h/day, somebody from England with the same wage would eat fries for the rest of his life.

Very well put.

110 posts
    Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Romania
+1 more
cippo says

There are way too many factors you judge by.

@uouapps

Maybe that guy/girl is far beyond your development skills and he/she deserves $9k+.

In my opinion, HTML implies CSS and JS. CSS is fairly easy but when it comes to JS, I think everything changes.

Just my two cents.

498 posts uouapps
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

There are way too many factors you judge by.

@uouapps

Maybe that guy/girl is far beyond your development skills and he/she deserves $9k+.

In my opinion, HTML implies CSS and JS. CSS is fairly easy but when it comes to JS, I think everything changes.

Just my two cents.

i do hope that he or she is more experienced than i am because I’m not a coder, I’m a digital entrepreneur based in Switzerland (the country with one of the highest salaries in Europe) so I can manage to make a balance between quality and cost so regardless from the output 9k for an html coder is far above an average coder’s salary

anyway i don’t understand why you’re defending a person that you don’t even know (unless if you were that famous 9k coder then the story is different :)

please guys let’s put a line on this 9k topic and focus on the main topic of this thread please

i would appreciate it thanks UOU Apps

475 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
FlatKing says

I’ll try to get back to topic

You get what you pay for

Depends on project;
Simple / Complex
Long / Short
Need to be done quickly / Flexible time
High profile client
High profile developer

With all of these factors in hand it’s really easy to be paying out high amounts

2186 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

The prices vary, I usually work at 80-120 dollars per hour when i work for a client so if you are doing something from scratch the price could be pretty high. If it takes 100 hours to complete the project than that will give you the amount. Using TF themes or templates cuts the time down to half the time considering if you have all the media and info at your fingertips. If not than it becomes a longer journey.

The price does not depend on if it’s WP or just html but on how many hours you work on the project and how good you are at what you are doing. I never work less than S80 per hour because it’s not worth it.

Cheers

Lester

498 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

@Flatking & @mafloral

thanks guys for your comments, the thing is you’re mainly talking about freelancing or billing on a project basis, I’m more talking about employing coders & developpers on a full time basis, what are the salaries you are paying to the coders & developers. (i agree with you that hourly rates + complexity of projects including related variables may affect the rates, but when it comes to employing developers full time the salary is of cours lower than the calculation based on an hourly rate)

101 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
erwin_schro says

Thanks for sharing this Guys,

Definitely these numbers you mentioned can assure me that I should higher my hourly rates.

I can say that I’m more developer my self. I’ve built various simple Joomla extensions for a commercial template provider plus support them but still I only get paid about $250 … per month :crying: .

Thank God there are some Authors here who gave me a chance to collaborate.

Hopefully I can higher my bargain up now after reading this and can add another 0 at the end of my rate numbers.

2186 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

I would not work under 80/hour unless if you give benefits like dental and medicine that covers 100%.

You should hire them as sub contractors cus you save money in insurance and so on. So if you were to hire me i would want $80/hour 40 hours per week, also depends on if i have to use my gear or you provide sufficient gear to work on.

Here are a few ideas to consider but i think if you hire the people as sub contractors it’s better also you can pay them cash instead of cheque. So if you pay cash i would work for you for 60 bucks an hour see you save 20 with cash.

Cheers

Lester

by
by
by
by
by
by