263 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
SkyProductions says

For those of you who have been blessed with being the featured author I’m curious as to how much it helped with your sales. Did boost your sales significantly? Did the sales continue after you were featured? Did it put your name on the map?

-Sky

142 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
AudioMonks says

For those of you who have been blessed with being the featured author I’m curious as to how much it helped with your sales. Did boost your sales significantly? Did the sales continue after you were featured? Did it put your name on the map?

-Sky
Nope, actually its reduce my sales in this week :) and after that back to normal… but it really boost my followers dramatically and i guess thats a good thing.
584 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

I didn’t get a lot of sales my feature week either, I think it was like 3. I also don’t have a big portfolio so maybe that was reason. I think the fact that featured artist of the week goes at the bottom of the homepage might be why it gets overlooked.

Still very appreciative for the recognition from audiojungle staff. Best place for spotlight is featured item which is at top of page or better yet top seller list and high up on it.

2175 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Yeah, it also didn’t do anything special for me either. Just a regular week. There might’ve been a few more followers, but I’m not really sure about that…

But, yeah, it’s a great feeling when AJ staff picks you out of all those authors waiting for their chance. It’s really a booster, great motivation to continue and improve.

1041 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

I’m going to throw a curve-ball here, and say that it actually helped my sales greatly last month when I was featured author. I even managed to get a VH collaboration out of it, as he saw my music on the homepage. Also, I managed to sell a few tracks that had previously had no sales.

I guess I was quite lucky in this instance, especially as I was a brand new author at the time. Either way, as AudioMonks mentioned, it’s a good way of gaining new followers, and in turn increasing exposure on AJ.

842 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+7 more
PhilLarson says

In my case as well as Alumo, it made an obvious increased to my sales but I didn’t have a lot of overall sales at that time. I was about 2 months old at that time. But more importantly is that it increased my followers, which I think provided more sales down the line. I do try to take note of the sales of the weekly features at the beginning of each week and then at the end. It’s hit or miss. Works for some, not as much for others. But you gain followers. That’s better in the long run.

584 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+4 more
Sophonic says

Phil I noticed that almost all followers, at least that I get are just other audiojungle authors. Not sure how this helps with sales. Unless maybe someone that is shopping on someone else’s profile happens to look at the bottom of their profile page and then goes to your page, but I doubt that happens very much.

842 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+7 more
PhilLarson says

Phil I noticed that almost all followers, at least that I get are just other audiojungle authors. Not sure how this helps with sales. Unless maybe someone that is shopping on someone else’s profile happens to look at the bottom of their profile page and then goes to your page, but I doubt that happens very much.

Yes almost all are. Not all. I gained some investors (the little grey men with dollar signs as badges…). So in the end it helped. Investors definitely find the follow feature helpful. I do think some people look to see who you follow, but I’m also an eternal optimist. Never hurts to gain AJ followers either. The comments they leave on songs are a good moral lifter… Sometimes I need that more than money.

179 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
Pianojungle says

My sales boosted when I was featured. Be sure that your latest songs in your portfolio are from the highest quality you can produce and you gain a lot of interested people. (And an awesome badge :p)

thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts Threads Started
487 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
thesensercomplex says

I had an overload in page views and new followers, but sales were average. If buyers are going to buy music, they’ll do it to fit their projects, and not because you’re featured. I however believe that in the long run, the new followers eventually remembered and hit my tracks for follow up projects. Regardless, how great is it that among the thousands, you were called out by your peers? By them basically saying, “Check this author out, we dig his materials.” I was deeply honored. 

by
by
by
by
by
by