53 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Venezuela
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
ReyMarval says

8GB in a Samsung Series 7

131 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Portugal
eddiesaints says

8GB – Laptop, 4GB – Desktop

1179 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mabuc says

2GB only and I’m planning on upgrade soon.. just using SublimeText2, Photoshop, Browsers, Skype and Filezilla.. :)

843 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
marcfolio says

32 GB in my iMac. Performance is fantastic. Yes i’m bragging. ;)

how have you made that work?

i have 4×4gb = 16gb because when i put 4×8gb it became unstable.

i have the latest imac, its only a month old and its the i7 version and yet becomes unstable with 32gb of ram.

I also have 16gb on my windows machine
Really? Yeah I just got 8GB x 4 of crucial memory. No kernal panics, no freezes, just super great performance. In fact we did it to 4 27” iMacs and none have had any problem. Maybe it’s because they’re the 3.4 GHz version? Strange. I’m bummed to hear yours didn’t work.
639 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Crakken says

2 gigs and I feel great with it on my Mac, :-)

72 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Ttpmc says

4 gigs (Macbook pro) and i feel like a turtle … or even something slower :) I desperately need an upgrade … so buy my themes more often :DD

115 posts Too Much is Never Enough
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
premitheme says

32 GB in my iMac. Performance is fantastic. Yes i’m bragging. ;)

how have you made that work?

i have 4×4gb = 16gb because when i put 4×8gb it became unstable.

i have the latest imac, its only a month old and its the i7 version and yet becomes unstable with 32gb of ram.

I also have 16gb on my windows machine
Really? Yeah I just got 8GB x 4 of crucial memory. No kernal panics, no freezes, just super great performance. In fact we did it to 4 27” iMacs and none have had any problem. Maybe it’s because they’re the 3.4 GHz version? Strange. I’m bummed to hear yours didn’t work.

I agree, I’m sure I read on everymac.com that they were able to put 8GB modules in iMac even that it was advertise to accept only 4GB modules as max. only because the 8GB modules wasn’t out in the market yet, and this was on an older iMac I think (maybe the 1st generation of i5/i7).

Maybe you just bought the wrong modules as apple products tend to be picky and don’t work smoothly with some brands, crucial is a good one for apple I think.

+3 more
premitheme says

OK, looks like I’m going to get my 16GB (4×4GB) this week :D confused between Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance LP, both are 1600 CL9 , but the the Corsair is 1.5v while the Kingston is 1.65v. I used to get Kingston rams but like the less voltage.

BTW I ’m running a Hackintosh, which means I’m talking about PC hardware. This things are amazing when you do it the right way, absolutely beats any iMac and old Mac Pro (not the ones with 6, 8, 12 …etc cores, sorry apple addicts), perfectly stable and served me well for almost 2 years with ZERO problems or headaches, and now I’m just upgrading some parts (SSD, RAMs, GPU soon), really pleased with it.

So, what do you think, Kingston or Corsair?

For designers with 4GB or less of ram, believe me .. you’re missing a lot. rams are cheap nowadays, do yourself a favor and get some ram.

313 posts Tabvn
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
tabvn says

i have only 4Gbs Macbook pro , i ‘m going to upgrade to 8GBs and then Enjoy with coding :)

+3 more
premitheme says

So far, 8GB of RAM is enough for me running Windows 7 with not so intense software.

The same is here, but I need more when I run Windows VMs for testing work on IE, plus my normal multi-tasking as described in the first post.

I remember these days when I was buying my 8GB, everyone was saying 4GB is more than enough :D

by
by
by
by
by
by